About the Role
For over 40 years, Ethnic Communities Council of Queensland (ECCQ), incorporating Diversicare (community based and in-home care) and Berlasco Court (residential aged care) has been the peak body for multicultural affairs and ethnic community representation in Queensland, connecting and empowering communities and focusing on cultural inclusiveness alongside excellence in care.
ECCQ is currently redeveloping its residential care facility to offer residents a new state of the art, culturally sensitive and technologically advanced accommodation facility.
Benefits & Culture
- Make a significant impact on the lives of culturally diverse communities
- Lead an organisation rich in history and committed to the community in which it serves
- Package includes generous not for profit packaging plus vehicle
- Lead a passionate, highly committed team
You will work with the board to develop a new strategic plan, build governance capacity and performance and lead a change agenda with a focus to:
- Provide inspirational leadership to ensure a supportive, rewarding environment for all staff
- Ensure competitiveness, sustainability and growth
- Support the delivery of diverse services and community and residential care
- Oversee organisational business improvement initiatives
- Lead policy and advocacy development to best represent clients and members
- Identify opportunities for funding growth and develop stakeholder relationships
- Develop and apply financial transparency and strong risk management processes
- Lead the rebuild of the aged care facility ensuring a seamless experience for residents and family
You will be a visionary senior executive or CEO with:
- Success in leading and promoting inclusive, positive and high-performance cultures
- Ideally experienced within aged/health care and the issues faced by the ageing community and the workforces that support them
- Detailed understanding of specific sources of funding and the aged care reform process
- Strong advocacy and representation, networking and partnership building
- Governance, reporting and financial management expertise
- Experience working with a board or on sub-committees
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with community groups, suppliers, quality standards agencies, contractors and builders
If you’re passionate about growing businesses and the development of inclusive and caring communities that value cultural diversity please click apply to submit your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required in MS Word format. Alternatively, please call Louise Furlong on 07 5530 8066 to discuss.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.