About the role
This role is casual part time with approximately 15 hours per week until the end of June 2019, with the potential for extension and additional hours subject to funding.
Terms and conditions in line with Social, Community, Health and Disability Services Award provisions.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Maintain and develop Down Syndrome Queensland’s education resources utilising current research in respect of students with Down syndrome to incorporate best practice
- Support the Education Consultant in working with schools to provide support for students with Down syndrome.
- Other duties as specified by the Down Syndrome Queensland CEO from time to time which are in keeping with the skills level and competence of the role
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Education/Graduate Diploma in Education or equivalent
- Experience in teaching students with intellectual disabilities
- A strong interest in and understanding of educational needs of students with intellectual disabilities
- Up to date CV with two professional referees
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
- Warm, empathic manner
- A modern view of disability
- Able to work as a collaborative member of the staff team
Job benefits and perks
Generous charitable institution salary sacrifice benefits are available.
Applicants must be available for an interview in late April.
About the organisation
Down Syndrome Queensland is committed to ensuring that people with Down syndrome, their families and the people who work with and care for them are informed, empowered and supported. The Education Support Officer is an essential part of this commitment, providing information and support to people with Down syndrome, family members and educators.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Education Support Officer via Pro Bono Australia.