About the Role
- Provide phone-based financial counselling to individuals experiencing financial hardship as a result of their cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- Utilise your strong interpersonal skills to make a difference in the Victorian community.
- Part time permanent position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people. The Strategy and Support Division comprises the units of Cancer Information and Support Service (CISS), Research and Programs Governance (RPG), Cancer Strategy, and Optimal Care Pathways (OCPs).
The Cancer Information and Support Service (CISS) unit provides information and support services to help minimise the impact of cancer on the Victorian community. It works to empower patients by delivering dynamic, credible, personalised information and compassionate support
About your opportunity
We are seeking a qualified and compassionate Financial Counsellor to join the CISS Unit. Reporting to the Coordinator, Financial and Legal Support Programs, your role is to:
- Administer and deliver Cancer Council Victoria’s in-house financial assistance program to individuals affected by cancer.
- Deliver phone-based financial counselling support, including intake, financial screening, assessment and triage of referrals that have come through from the 13 11 20 line and from external health services.
- Provide financial counselling advocacy to relieve immediate financial concerns
- Provide referral to external financial counselling services if and when needed
- Work with individuals affected by cancer and ensure they receive relevant and appropriate financial information and assistance and support in line with their needs.
- Contribute to the evaluation of the Financial Assistance Programs and associated interventions to ensure our services are able to meet the needs of people affected by cancer.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Diploma of Financial Counselling and financial counselling experience in conducting intake, telephone triage, screening and assessment
- Strong interpersonal skills and a compassionate approach when interacting with people with complex needs
- Demonstrated attention to detail with the ability to manage client data, ensuring information is complete, accurate and accessible, whilst adhering to privacy protocols
- Willingness to learn about the health sector and associated processes.
What we can offer you
This part-time permanent position provides a salary within range $65,000 – $75,000 pa or commensurate with the position level and experience plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : (03) 9514 6139
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Financial Counsellor Financial and Legal Support Programs CISS.64 via Pro Bono Australia.