About the Role
- Significant Purpose-Led Not for Profit
- Broad Service Delivery
- Operations Across Eastern Australia
At the heart of this person-centric community services organisation, is an absolute mission to provide support, skills development and life experience opportunities to people with a disability. Key to this is their portfolio of community-based centres, programs and activities that enable personal goals and outcomes and a new role has been created to lead these activities throughout Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria as General Manager – Community.
The General Manager – Community provides strategic leadership and operational direction across multiple locations with diverse program delivery. Key will be driving the values, mission, purpose and values of the organisation through a large team delivering front line services.
Reporting to the Executive General Manager – Service Delivery, the General Manager – Community will work with a peer group of General Managers leading a wide portfolio of services to people with a disability.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure a culture of safety, respect and dignity
- Strategically build the portfolio as a centre of excellence in disability services for centre based and community activities
- Lead exceptional outcomes in service delivery, strategically aligning programs and activities to improve outcomes and achievement of the individual goals of the customers through integrated delivery models
- Drive and develop community partnerships and relationships
- Develop and lead a large team – role modelling values based leadership and creating a committed, improvement and performance oriented workforce
- Ensure financial sustainability and drive profit for purpose through astute financial and commercial management of budgets, funding, billing and management of operating expenditure
- Enhance processes to ensure strong governance, quality and organisational risk management
To be successful you will be a values-led leader with experience and knowledge of NDIS practice excellence and associated legislation. You will have led positive transformational change across multi-site operations with complex service delivery in a similar sector and will be able to demonstrate your ability to develop and deliver innovative programs and activities relevant to this role. Your scheduling, ratio management and workforce planning skills will be exemplary and you will be able to demonstrate how these skills have related to the realisation of exceptional commercial and financial outcomes.
Our client is open to discuss location in either Brisbane or Rockhampton and significant travel within Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria is required.
Embarking on a significant and market leading transformation, our client is offering the opportunity for an incredible leader to make their mark on this very important sector. If you’re seeking a challenge where the personal rewards will be immense and the financial rewards link to your experience, we encourage your application.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Confidential enquiries can be made to Natasha Olsson-Seeto or Leanne Henry at OnTalent, phone: 07 3305 5800. To apply, please submit your resume in Microsoft Word format and a 1-2 page cover letter (outlining how your achievements align)
Please quote in application: General Manager – Community via Pro Bono Australia.