About the role
- Operational Management in Production or Manufacturing
- Lead Geographically Dispersed Teams of 2500 Employees
- Manage 30 Production Facilities Employing People with a Disability
Our client is a leader in providing community services support and employment services which help people with a disability who want supported employment. They match people to opportunities and support flexible work choices to help achieve personal employment.
The newly created role of General Manager – Work, will provide strategic leadership for the delivery of service of the Work portfolio, customers and staff. This role will build the portfolio as a centre of excellence in commercial operations and supported employment for people with a disability. You will drive a culture of a person-centred practice that puts the customer at the heart of the decision making which includes the contribution of families, carers, guardians and other key individuals in a person’s life.
This role is responsible for monitoring and improving operational viability, determining risks and enhancing financial sustainability for the 30 operations across Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria with 2500 employees. The diverse production and manufacturing facilities involve timber, food, packaging, recycling, cleaning and pharmaceutical products.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Work collaboratively with the Sales and Marketing function to grow the customer base in target segments while maintaining a strong focus on customer retention
- Design and implement inventory and scheduling systems
- Foster a culture of achievement by ensuring ideas and planned projects result in expected outputs that reflect the values and contribute to the success of the organisation
- Ensure operational viability and accountability for financial performance through effective management of commercial sales, funding, billing and operational expenditure in line with budget and strategic aspirations
- Champion business cases and provide guidance around cost benefit analysis and revenue modelling
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement through innovation, learning and understanding of the customer and market
- Demonstrate and foster values-based leadership which drives performance and a focus on engagement to achieve results
- Model safety leadership instilling a positive safety culture including adherence to policy, process and quality assurance procedures
- Manage contracts, pricing and supply agreements with leading global brands from the corporate sector
To be successful you will have demonstrated experience in leading complex operations to achieve commercial outcomes and success influencing a culture of workplace hazard and risk identification and reporting. This is a key leadership and people management role and requires experience in managing geographically dispersed teams within a production or manufacturing environment. Paramount will be your excellent communication and interpersonal skills including successfully leading change. A tertiary qualification in Business or equivalent experience is preferred.
This position will be based in Brisbane and travel is required throughout Queensland, Victoria and New South Wales.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: General Manager - Work via Pro Bono Australia.