About the role
- Part-time 0.8 EFT,
- Long Service Leave Cover
- Fixed-term, 5 month contract
- Based in Melbourne CBD
Do you have the drive, compassion and enthusiasm to work within our community?
Are you keen to make a real difference and deliver high quality care to those in need?
Join our dedicated team and enjoy both the challenges and rewards.
Our program: this program provides support to people who are facing issues of homelessness including those at risk of homelessness and/or living in inappropriate accommodation such as rooming houses and caravan parks. The position also provides support to people facing significant barriers to accessing services so that they feel confident in and supported by the service system.
The work focusses on three key areas. Firstly, the team build relationships with communities so that people living within the targeted communities know how to access supports. Secondly the team work in partnership with other agencies and programs. This includes joint community outreach activities and shared case work. Finally, the team have a strong focus on assertively engaging with clients to help build trusting working relationships.
Position responsibilities will include:
- Provide outreach based case management support to individual clients. This includes comprehensive assessment, developing and reviewing individual care plans based on the Outcome Star, co-ordinating case conferences, maintaining client records and participating in case discussions;
- Participate in interagency community activities including community lunches, outreach to people sleeping rough, outreach to rooming houses, outreach to other locations and outreach using the Green Cross Bus;
- Participate in community education, service development activities and projects related to people experiencing homeless who have complex needs; and
- Support the design, development, facilitation and evaluation of interventions including groups.
Ideally your experience and qualifications for the role should include:
- A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in the mental health, general health, housing, disability or welfare sectors;
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking, supporting and coordinating assertive outreach group activities;
- Engage in community education and service development activities and projects related to people experiencing homeless who have complex needs;
- Participate in regular line management supervision, practice supervision, coaching and practice reflection groups; and
- Develop and maintain working relationships with key local and internal stakeholders.
Additional information can be obtained by viewing the attached position description.
Applications close on 28th April @ 10.00pm
About the organisation
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Homeless and Community Support Worker via Pro Bono Australia.