About the role
- Looking for a move into Strategy?
- Be a part of an organisation that makes a difference
- Sydney CBD Based
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. We are currently seeking a Strategy Analyst to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Strategy Manager and working with a passionate and dedicated team, your responsibility will be to support the implementation and enhancement of The Smith Family’s strategic and planning frameworks and processes. In this key support role, you’ll assist in the implementation and facilitation of our innovation strategy, support strategic projects and provide strategic reporting support to the organisation.
Your experience in an analyst, change management, consulting or project management role along with your workshop facilitation skills and curiosity to problem solve will be the hallmarks of your success in this engaging and varied based role. A day in the life of a Strategy Analyst might look like this, but every day can be different. Primarily, you will:
- Manage The Smith Family’s strategic projects framework
- Support the implementation of The Smith Family’s Innovation Strategy.
- Coordinate The Smith Family’s business planning and prioritisation process.
- Facilitate design thinking innovation labs for The Smith Family’s Innovation Program
- Provide support for organisational and cross-functional strategy projects.
- Prepare and present monthly and as required reporting.
It takes a special kind of person to be our Strategy Analyst. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Demonstrated ability for strategic thinking
- Self-initiative and problem-solving skills
- Experience in project / program governance and reporting, ideally in a large organisation
- Experience apply design thinking and/or lean methodologies to challenges
- Solid experience in workshop planning and facilitation
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confidence in influencing and relationship management
- Undergraduate degree in relevant discipline
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family, they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to delivery strong performance outcomes.
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to make a difference and this sounds like your next role, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact Lee Grewal today by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may view the Position Description on The Smith Family website.
Closing date: Wednesday, 1 May 2019
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Strategy Analyst via Pro Bono Australia.