About the role
Moriarty Foundation is seeking to appoint a tech-savvy Operations Manager to plan, drive and deliver our expansion roll-out to total 18 sites in NT, QLD and NSW in the next 36 months.
A small, energetic team of dedicated staff has successfully developed a solid foundation since the Foundation’s establishment in 2012 in Borroloola and Robinson River, NT, and the launch of the Sydney scholarships program in 2015.
This is a pivotal role in our expanding operations. We are an agile and flexible small-medium independent not-for-profit, with an affiliated organisation that has more than thirty years experience in remote Aboriginal Australia. We are offering the suitable candidate a cutting edge professional opportunity and a fulfilling role that is responsible for developing and implementing well-documented “hard” (physical and digital) together with “soft” (people-centred) logistics and operations for Sydney head office, as well as existing, and new remote and regional delivery locations.
You will report to the Development and People Lead, and liaise with Program Managers, Finance and remote and regional site Team Leaders, with Team Administration Support to assist. You will be an expert in operational management. You will build internal and external relationships for optimal operations and logistics to support best practice organisational growth and program delivery. You will be joining a talented, high performing team within a dynamic, inclusive workplace culture.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Manage infrastructure and operations for our 2 existing sites in NT
- Plan and implement end to end logistics for the roll-out plan of the Foundation’s model to the 16 new communities in NT, NSW and QLD in collaboration with relevant team members.
- Apply efficient administration and operational systems (eg. CRM) that will maintain accountability and support consistent operations and delivery.
- Continuously monitor the evolution of program logistics and support for appropriate structural and change management.
- Apply innovative thinking and an ability to creatively solve challenges independently and as part of a well-supported team
- Facilitate a culture of continuous improvement in relation to the role, to ensure business and personnel logistics objectives are developed, managed and regularly reviewed
Infrastructure, Premises, Equipment, Systems and IT
- Drive the digital effectiveness and efficiencies of the organisation.
- Research new technologies and initiatives teams need in order to improve performance.
- Investigate and implement office infrastructure to include (but not be limited to) IT, phones, printers, vendors, service providers, equipment and premises as required for head office and local sites.
- Coordinate and maintain physical assets of the organisation.
- Oversee implementation and compliance with policies and procedures eg. WHS and risk management.
- Manage the infrastructure of the organisation within a long-term strategy that ensures appropriate processes and procedures are implemented effectively by relevant staff.
Stakeholder Engagement Logistics
- Ensure strong and effective relationships are maintained in delivery sites across key community stakeholders, government organisations & NGOs.
- Ensure high levels of communication & transparency are maintained across the organisation.
- Tertiary qualifications in disciplines such as Business Administration, Operational Management or Project Management or similar.
- An experienced professional, with 5+ years of demonstrated success in an operational role, managing an expansion phase.
- Demonstrated excellence at a senior management level in commercial or the NFP sector.
- Experience in managing budgets and in planning resource allocation to meet organisational needs.
- Ability to analyse data and produce accurate and informative reports.
- Extensive experience in project management software such as MS Project and MS Office.
A Working with Children Check and Police Clearance will apply to the successful applicant.
- A light and airy contemporary office in Crows Nest Sydney, close to public transport and all amenities.
- Travel to several locations in NSW, QLD & NT will be required as part of this role.
About the organisation
Sydney-headquartered Moriarty Foundation was established in 2012. Its founders are John Moriarty, a Yanyuwa NT man, business owner and the first Indigenous footballer to be selected for Australia, and business owner/author Ros Moriarty. We enable NT, NSW and Qld Aboriginal communities and families to unlock their own children’s potential. We tailor our approach to meet local challenges and needs in communities, with local employment and staff development at the centre of our sustainability. Moriarty Foundation delivers two programs that follow the whole-of-child lifecycle from birth to 18, Indi Kindi (Early years program) and John Moriarty Football (Football skills mastery program).
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Operations Manager via Pro Bono Australia.