About the role
- Be part of an organization that makes a difference
- Take your next career step
- National Office Sydney, NSW
- Permanent Full Time
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. We are currently seeking a Policy Manager to join our growing team.
Reporting to the National Manager, Policy, Practice & Analytics, and working with a dedicated and passionate team, contributing to The Smith Family’s vision.
A day in the life of a Policy Manager might look like this, but every day can be different. Primarily, you will be responsible for:
- Identify, scope and design new program options that would support achievement of TSF outcomes
- Lead the collaborative development of measures to assess the impact of policy and program initiatives
- Planning and implementation of identified projects or activities
- Prepare and/or contribute to briefings and speeches about complex social policy issues
- Identify opportunities for program review & improvement, lead program review process
It takes a special kind of person to be our Policy Manager. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Education in Social Policy, Education, Research or related disciplines
- Experience in Social Policy, Education, Research or related field
- Demonstrated capacity to undertake multi-methods research (including quantitative analysis using Excel)
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team; and a demonstrated capacity to work independently
- Strong written skills in a range of formats, and strong interpersonal communication skills with a diverse range of stakeholders including stakeholder engagement/consultation processes.
- Ability to manage a portfolio of varied projects, with the capability to schedule work independently to achieve identified goals within time constraints.
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Policy Manager via Pro Bono Australia.