About the Role
Essential to your success
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Diploma of Community Services or equivalent will be considered
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the principles and practices of a specialist family violence service including feminist theory and enabling women to make informed choices
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills to and proven ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with clients and a range of stakeholders/service providers
- Capacity to provide a high quality family violence service inclusive of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Women, children, young women, CALD clients, women with a disability and women who identify as LGBTIQ clients
- Capacity to self-manage and prioritise workload
What We Offer
- Flexible working hours including the option of monthly accrued day off (ADO) for full time staff
- Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- Excellent Professional Development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS all staff training
- Health and wellbeing programs for all staff including weekly yoga classes, walk at work, bi-monthly staff shared lunch and birthday calendar
- Regular supervision and management support including access to EAP
- Internal committees (e.g. Innovation & Development and Quality and Safety) working groups to support staff’s interest and expertise (e.g. Diversity, Consumer Engagement, OHS, Children and Youth)
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
EDVOS hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 9am until 8pm and Saturday from 9am until 5pm. These positions would be expected to be available to work on a rotating roster across those hours of operation.
Salary for these positions will be aligned with SCHADS Level 5 + 9.5% super.
About the Organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Services (EDVOS) is a not-for-profit specialist family violence service in Melbourne’s eastern metropolitan region. We provide an integrated range of support and services to empower women and children who are responding to family violence. We operate within a human rights framework and our focus is on supporting the safety of women and children and the accountability of perpetrators.
We are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Specialist Family Violence Advocates on a six month Maternity Leave contract, to work in a Colocations role within the EDVOS Outer East Case Management team.
The principal Colocation will be the Upper Yarra Family Centre (Located in Yarra Junction) and split between EDVOS offices in Ringwood and Colocations throughout the Eastern Metropolitan Region.
The Case Management team provides medium term support to women and their children responding to family violence through developing individual case plans, making referrals to and liaising with other support services, advocating for and empowering women to make informed decisions about their life and future and those of their children.
About the Opportunity
As a Specialist Family Advocate you will address gender and power issues underlying domestic violence on both personal and social levels including accountability of perpetrators, provide high quality risk assessment and safety planning with women and children and ensure client case notes/records and data collection. In partnership with the woman you will identify, assess, develop and implement effective interventions and referrals for them and where relevant their families.
This position will generally operate across EDVOS opening hours and you may be required to undertake occasional weekend work (Saturdays and Sundays).
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9259 4200
Email : email@example.com
How to Apply
For further information regarding the role, please contact Marilyn, Team Leader – Case Management Outer East on 9259 4200. Please download a copy of the position description for the role. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and a separate document addressing the key selection criteria and should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject heading ‘ADS4319 – SFVA Case Management outer East”, by COB Friday May 31st 2019.
Appointments with EDVOS are subject to a police records check, working with children check and reference checks. EDVOS employ women only to most of our positions as per the findings of EEO exemption H327/2017 and by special measure. EDVOS values diversity in our workforce, actively promoting equal employment opportunities for all women. We encourage applications from women of all abilities and women from diverse backgrounds. EDVOS is a child-focussed and child safe organisation.
Please quote in application: Specialist Family Violence Advocate - Case Management Colocations via Pro Bono Australia.