About the role
- Full time
- $86,000 – $92,000
- 5 weeks annual leave
This position will play a key leadership role in working with Aboriginal children and families, Government and sector partners to reduce the over representation of Aboriginal children involved with Child Protection, strive for better outcomes for children and to build capacity in families so that children can remain at or be transitioned home.
The position will also actively contribute to the development of internal and state-wide policies, procedures and protocols relating to the Nugel program.
VACCA are currently recruiting for a dynamic and experienced team leader to join the Nugel management team, to establish the second team with responsibility for 36 children and young people.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
Knowledge and Skills
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture
- Willingness to embrace change and support staff in the change management process
- Demonstrated ability to undertake complex casework with children and families who have experienced trauma and may present with challenging behaviours, including using culturally safe therapeutic approaches to heal and build resilience
- Demonstrated ability to complete and review assessments (including risk assessments), review reports (including court reports) and maintain client records to a high standard High level written and computer skills with the ability to prepare and
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in the child, youth and families sector
- Minimum Diploma of Community Services Work.
- Experience in managing a team
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly over-represented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
VACCA's objectives include the preservation, strengthening and protection of the cultural and spiritual identity of Aboriginal children and to provide culturally appropriate and quality services which are responsive to the needs of the Aboriginal community.
As a state wide community based Aboriginal organisation VACCA has extensive experience in the management and delivery of a range of community services programs to the Aboriginal community with a particular focus on services to vulnerable children families and community members.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader, Nugel via Pro Bono Australia.