About the role
As our Employment Programs Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining Mission Australia’s delivery of best practice quality, high performing and compliant programs which prepare vulnerable people for participation in the workforce and assist them to obtain and sustain employment.
In this pivotal position, you will lead an Employment Programs Performance Specialist and an Employment Programs Officer and work with our operational managers to drive continual improvements in the delivery of employment programs, so that participants have the best opportunity to achieve employment and wellbeing outcomes.
Reporting to the Executive – Practice, Quality & Performance, your key responsibilities will to:
- Identify effective strategies to improve the quality of service delivery for employment programs thorough analysis of program data and trends
- Provide knowledgeable advice to employment programs managers and employees through regular communications and training programs
- Develop and nurture relationships with Australian government agency employees in particular National Contract Managers
- Ensure the participant experience at Mission Australia is sector leading and improves participant well being
- Identify and raise organisational and contractual risks or issues as appropriate with relevant stakeholders
- Initiate and undertake site-specific compliance audits and service remediation plans as necessary
- Support and mentor operational staff in their development and maintenance of appropriate relationships with Australian government agency employees
- Lead improvement initiatives in collaboration with SMEs and operational managers across different business units/programs/sites as appropriate
- Support business development by identifying and contributing to opportunities for current contract renewal, expansion and new service opportunities
- Ensure reports submitted are consistent, accurate, timely and meet funders standards
- Influence others by displaying leadership behaviours that encourage integrated, productive working relationships with a strong focus on client and business outcomes
Requirements for Success
- Tertiary qualifications in human services, management or related field
- Sound experience in account management, business development, government relations and/or contract management
- Experience in a management or advisory capacity with employment programs preferably targeted to people with vulnerabilities
- Proven ability to analyse information relating to the quality of service delivery and user experience, and develop solutions and proactive strategies
- Sound knowledge of the operating environment for government funding of employment programs and community service organisations
- Experience in leading teams directly and indirectly to achieve common goals
- Ability to build strong, respectful and collaborative internal/external relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to describe complex information in a simple yet compelling way to audiences across all levels
- Proven ability to achieve results through influencing and inspiring others
- Sound judgement and ability to exercise autonomy as appropriate with limited direction from senior leaders
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Discounted childcare rates with participating centres
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application or have any questions, we invite you to get in touch with Christine Cassar via email CassarC@missionaustralia.com.au or phone (02) 9219 2041.
About the organisation
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more.
We're generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Employment Programs Manager via Pro Bono Australia.