About the role
This role will take a lead in sharing about the impact of Fresh Hope agencies and its network of churches in NSW and ACT in order to grow support and encourage people in their faith. The role will support Fresh Hope ethos and communications strategies to raise awareness of the good work taking place and raise funds for it to continue. Working primarily for the Engage team within the Mission and Ministry agency, this role will work closely with the Fresh Hope Communications Lead as part of an organisation-wide communications approach.
Your main responsibilities will include the following:
- Raising the profile of Fresh Hope and sharing the impact of our work through digital and print media, both internally to Fresh Hope staff, and externally to the wider community and media;
- Overseeing the online fundraising profile and the use of Social Media – including a Social Media engagement plan;
- Leading grant applications to relevant funding bodies;
- Applying appropriate fundraising methodologies as part of the design of a detailed fundraising strategy for Fresh Hope Engage;
- Developing innovative fundraising programs in collaboration with the wider Church of Christ network and other Fresh Hope Agencies;
- Managing existing fundraising initiatives and events including annual appeals;
- Monitoring targets and goals by tracking progress;
- Providing oversight and direction to volunteer teams assisting with projects;
- Growing Fresh Hope’s donor base through creating and sharing compelling content that supports Fresh Hope’s ethos and describes the impact of its work.
To be successful in your new role you will need:
- Preferably Tertiary Qualifications in Communications, Marketing, Aid & Development and Business;
- A passion for communication – getting to the heart of a story and sharing it in a compelling and engaging way;
- A love for people and an ability to relate to people from different cultures, backgrounds, age groups, and beliefs;
- A desire to see communities strengthened, churches growing, and people fulfilling their potential;
- Persistence to follow leads, complete tasks and deal with challenging situations;
- Demonstrated affiliation with Fresh Hope ethos, vision and activities;
- Ability to bring the creative ideas of others to market;
- Excellent written and spoken communication;
- Relevant fundraising and communication experience;
- Digital media experience, including website and social media;
- Ability to plan and build campaigns, project management and time management;
- Ability to thrive and multi-task as part of a dynamic and changing team.
About the organisation
Now over 125 years old, Fresh Hope, a ministry of Churches of Christ in NSW, consists of a network of over 90 churches. As a not-for-profit Christian organisation, our key agencies in NSW include Fresh Hope Care, Fresh Hope Venues and Fresh Hope Mission & Ministry which provide a range of services to support the sectors of aged care, social and community welfare, hospitality and ministry. You can find out more about Fresh Hope here: https://freshhope.org.au/
Our mission is to transform communities and lives with fresh hope.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Fundraising Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.