About the role
- Support our Advancement team to turn ideas into world changing research
- Salary Package: From $103,233 – $114,870 p.a. (HEW Level 8), plus 17% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
This role is responsible for managing the Advancement databases and data, focusing on continuous improvement and data integrity, to set the Advancement team and its objectives up for success. Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will lead systems upgrades and projects to deliver optimal customer solutions. You will also provide business analytics and reporting, with a focus on ensuring data privacy legislative requirements are met at all times.
You will have a background managing IT systems, including having experience managing medium to large IT based projects. You’ll be experienced in understanding user needs and delivering those to ensure business requirements are met or exceeded. You will ideally have experience working in a similar role within the Advancement space, however not necessary.
You will be comfortable managing stakeholders, both internal and external, including vendors to achieve positive outcomes. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and managing a team to ensure an exceptionally high standard of delivery.
Advancement oversees the University’s fundraising and alumni engagement efforts. The Advancement Operations team underpins the Advancement mission through providing supporting systems, data management, analytics and reporting as well as gift and donor stewardship.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter that outlines how you meet to the selection criteria below:
- Degree in computer science and/or equivalent experience in managing IT systems and medium to large IT based projects.
- Sound knowledge of databases, operating systems, current internet technologies and reporting toolsets.
- Sourcing and validating system requirements for business users.
- Managing external vendors to ensure internal system needs are achieved.
- Analysing data and developing subsequent reports.
- Discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
- Managing and coaching a team.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below:
Position Description: Advancement Solutions Manager.pdf
Specific Role Enquiries: Anne Webster, Director of Operations at email@example.com
General Recruitment Enquiries: Sarah Rowsell, HR Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Friday, 26 July 2019 at 11:55pm (AEST)
Location: 58 Waterloo Road, Macquarie Park NSW
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Advancement Solutions Manager via Pro Bono Australia.