About the role
Are you the kind of person who would like to improve the lives of the Aboriginal Community of Victoria? Then this is the position for YOU!
About The Role:
Ngwala Willumbong Ltd (Ngwala) is an Aboriginal community organisation based in St Kilda, Victoria. Ngwala is a key service provider offering 3 specialist alcohol and drug residential rehabilitation centres as well as various outreach support services to the Aboriginal communities of Victoria. Ngwala is seeking to employ an energetic and enthusiastic Aboriginal Alcohol and other Drugs (AAOD) Support Worker to compliment a the existing team of Ngwala staff at our Head Office in St Kilda. The primary functions of the position include culturally sensitive assessment, development of treatment plans, counselling, advocacy and linkage to specialist services, community education and outreach support.
The successful applicant will have the unique opportunity to provide Case Management Outreach Support to the Aboriginal communities in the Southern Metropoliatn Region of Victoria. The position will focus on the holistic treatment, housing, justice and other associated support needs of Aboriginal people who are experiencing drug &/or alcohol related issues.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
You will have:
- A minimum Certificate IV in AOD or relevant equivalent qualifications
- Demonstrated experience working with Aboriginal people
- Computer literacy skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Current Victorian Driver’s License;
- National Police Certificate (no more than 3 years old)
- Current Victorian Working With Children Check;
Culture & Benefits:
Ngwala Willumbong Ltd is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer who supports an inclusive approach in the workplace such as the following:
- Accommodation and other allowances during work related trips
- Company vehicle (subject to funding)
- Mobile phone
- Ongoing training & development opportunities
- Fast paced. supportive and friendly work team
- Monthly Clinical Supervision
Applications for this position must include the following:
- A written covering letter that outlines why the applicant believes that they would be suitable for this position
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae that outlines educational and employment background, which must also include at least 3 referees.
- Certified copies of any relevant certificates or qualifications. It is recommended that originals be brought to your interview for the Interview Committee to sight.
- Completion of Ngwala’s Job Application Form.
About the organisation
Ngwala Willumbong Ltd (Ngwala) is an Aboriginal community organisation based in St Kilda, Victoria. Ngwala is a key service provider offering 3 specialist alcohol and drug residential rehabilitation centres as well as various outreach support services to the Aboriginal communities of Victoria.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Alcohol and other Drugs (AAOD) Support Worker via Pro Bono Australia.