About the role
Tax reducing salary package
Box Hill location
Vibrant & Engaging Team!
The St Vincent de Paul Society makes a significant difference to thousands of people’s lives every single day! Across Victoria, its wide reaching network of over 12,000 volunteers provide practical welfare support, advocacy and friendship for the most vulnerable members of our community. We are committed to hiring staff who possess a genuine desire to make a difference to the lives of others and we currently have a brand new, exciting opportunity to join our fantastic Retail Team!
Reporting to the Merchandising Manager, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for leading the development of innovative new ways of raising revenue outside of the traditional shop retail model. A key project for attention in the first twelve months will be to develop a plan to increase non-shop revenue through online activities, partnerships, sale of product, grants, recycling and various other forms. This is a brand new role in the Society and there is huge scope for the impact you can make in the organisation!
As an experienced Business Development Manager you will be passionate for new business sales, have excellent stakeholder management skills and are able to build long lasting, meaningful relationships across diverse networks. You will be an exceptional communicator who can positively influence people with your dynamic and proactive attitude. Identifying areas of revenue growth is second nature to you and are always full of new ideas. You are strategic in your thought processes and planning but are not afraid to be unconventional in your way of thinking. This is what makes your way of working inspirational to others!
Positive impact is what we are all about so if you are someone who has initiative in abundance and a strong desire to help people succeed, then we would love you to apply.
- Tertiary qualifications in Management, or equivalent
- Strong time management skills, including ability to meet deadlines
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to resolve conflict and disputes
- Exceptional skills in forging internal and external relationships
- Strong attention to detail
- Innovative & practical in problem solving
- Effective judgement & decision making
- Ability to work well under pressure
Knowledge / Experience
- Demonstrated experience in business development
- Demonstrated experience in account management
- Demonstrated experience in sales of business to business
- Experience in influencing a team that does not directly report to you.
- Current Victorian Drivers License
- Demonstrated experience working autonomously, whilst part of a larger team environment.
- Behaves in an ethical and professional manner at all times
- Strong customer service orientation
- Leadership, courage and resilience
- Outcomes driven
- Willingness to travel throughout Victoria as required
- Willingness to vary normal working hours from time to time
- Awareness of, and ability to work within, the ethos of the Society
Why work for us?
- We offer great work hours at only 37.5 hours a week. Work life balance is so important to us.
- Salary packaging, sometimes called salary sacrificing is a huge attraction here! It is a popular way of providing employees in the community sector with tax benefits over and above their salary. It means the real value of a salary package can be significantly higher than the nominal value.
- Vehicle and car parking
- We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
- We make an incredible difference in the lives of over 300,000 people every year.
- We believe in families, so we like to provide a family-friendly environment in which to work.
- We offer a place where you know you are contributing to a firm committed to helping others. We are passionate about #Social Justice.
- We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way.
- We live and breathe our values.
About the organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a national charity that helps people living in poverty and those who have borne the brunt of inequality in Australia. St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria provides welfare and support services to Victorians in need. Our services include: soup vans, homework and breakfast clubs, kids' camps and day outs, a support program for people with mental illness and home visitation to provide food and clothing vouchers and assistance with paying for utility bills and medical bills. Our network of over 100 Vinnies Shops across the state also play a key part in funding our many programs and services and providing material assistance to those we help. By uniting thousands of volunteers to help offer a hand up to people in need, we can break the cycle of homelessness
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Business Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.