About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Part time (2.5 days per week), based in Narre Warren
- Stimulating senior social work role for an experienced family or youth worker
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced family or youth worker to join our Stronger Families program as a Finding Solutions Plus Case Worker. The position is part time, working 2.5 days per week and is based at our Narre Warren office. The role is initially maximum term for 6 months with the possibility of extension or transfer across Uniting available
The Finding Solutions Plus program:
- Provides short term case management support to young people aged 10 to 15 years who are at imminent risk of being placed in out of home care for the first time, or to support their return home.
- More information in the Position Description
The Case Worker – Finding Solutions Plus will:
- Deliver a young person centred approach to hear the voice of, and respond to the needs of the young person, within a family focused model.
- Use a strengths based approach, to empower the young person and their family to self-determine plans to promote the young person’s safety, development and permanency of placement.
- Provide outreach assessment, mediation and a range of supports to young people.
Uniting offers employees:
- A comprehensive range of professional development opportunities
- Reflective practice and supportive supervision
- Career options through a wide range of programs and locations
- Family friendly workplace practices
- More take home pay through charity level salary packaging up to $15,900 per annum via Paywise salary packaging
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a relevant tertiary qualification in a field related to Youth or Social Work.
Please address the following questions related to the person specification in a separate document to be uploaded as part of your application:
- Summarise the issues faced by young people within marginalised families
- Summarise your experience in complex assessments and development of action plans with young people and families
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We are proud to have been part of local communities for over 100 years delivering services across Victoria and Tasmania. With a team of 7,000 skilled and committed individuals we provide over 770 programs and services to people of all ages to learn, thrive and enjoy a healthy, happy life. We’re there for children, families, people with disability, older people and those experiencing homelessness, mental illness or drug and alcohol addiction.
Uniting is looking for great people who, like us, celebrate diversity and welcome everyone regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
How to apply for this role
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today.
- Applications at: https://connections.mercury.com.au/ViewPosition.aspx?id=zEzUuXAcM6s=&jbc=ere
- You will be asked to upload your resume and a covering letter with your responses to the questions related to the person specification detailed above. We recommend that you provide examples that show the range, scale and complexity of your experiences.
Applications close Monday 22 July 2019
Get in touch
- Jestiner Manyere – Team Leader – (03) 9704 8377
- Sally Brennan – Program Leader – (03) 9704 8377
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and well being of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Please quote in application: Case Worker - Finding Solutions Plus via Pro Bono Australia.