About the role
- Sydney CBD Location
- Report directly to the Board
The CEO position is the lead voice of Australian Shareholders’ Association as an advocate on behalf of the retail shareholder and investor. The CEO is ASA’s primary spokesperson to all members, media and other stakeholders.
The CEO leads and take responsibility for:
- shaping of strategic organisational thinking which inspires a sense of purpose and direction, including recognising opportunities that will enhance the Association’s capacity for providing quality services and increasing membership
- designing, directing, guiding and monitoring marketing activity of the organisation, including both membership (public and corporate) and events
- planning, direction, coordination, and administration of membership relations, including attracting new members, member retention, benefits and promotional programs, as well as membership database and reporting.
- provision of quality member support for committees, and other meetings as requested by State Chairs
- implementation of media and communication services, including the publication of materials and resources through the website, digital media, media releases, mainstream media that enable the Association to best inform the community of services and activities
- design, content and conduct of all educational/training programs, courses, seminars and conferences conducted and/or sponsored by the organisation for ASA members. This includes all fundraising activities and sponsorship arrangements
About the candidate/key criteria:
You will be able to demonstrate that you have had proven experience in the following:
- volunteer engagement and management: providing training and support, working with them, recognising their contribution
- membership growth: You have experience growing membership (either revenue or numbers) for an industry association or peak body
- managing Board expectations: You have guided a board through change regarding an issue or process over which the Board has concerns
- marketing strategy: have created a marketing strategy to grow an association/industry brand.
- committed to communicating with influence through clear and precise communication and adopting a listening, understanding and adaptable approach.
- reformed company culture and successful change management at all operational levels.
- experience in corporate governance, policy development, including liaison/consultation with government/regulators.
- previous CEO experience and/or senior general management experience
What’s in it for you?
Australian Shareholders’ Association was for many years an organisation that has operated on tradition and a conservative business model. This is changing and the Board is looking for a leader who can significantly help in continuing the association’s growth. This is a good opportunity to be part of major ongoing change.
About the organisation
ASA is Australia’s largest independent not-for-profit shareholder association and has representation in all states of Australia. ASA is a company limited by guarantee and is funded entirely by membership subscription, donations and sponsorship. No government funding is provided.
ASA represents both its members and those investors and shareholders who are not members but follow ASA through various means to promote and safeguard their interests in the Australian equity capital markets.
The Board’s vision is for ASA to be the premier voice of Australian retail investors, develop relevant policy and monitor corporate governance as they relate to Australian companies, and deliver relevant education materials for its members
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.