About the role
Benefits & Culture
- Competitive salary and generous salary packaging benefits
- Professional development encouraged for all employees
- Culture focused on innovation and driving system change
- Role could be based in Wollongong, Queanbeyan, Nowra or Moruya
Are you a senior health professional with sophisticated program planning, service redesign and relationship management expertise? Are you innovative, with experience in managing a team of health professionals to achieve significant change in a complex operating environment?
As a member of the Executive team, the Director of Commissioning is the position responsible for commissioning primary health services with a focus on those most ‘at risk’ of poor outcomes.
In this role you will:
- Lead a team of experienced service development managers
- Develop and lead COORDINARE’s commissioning approach
- Ensure commissioning is evidence-based, continually improving, with contractual and risk management systems in place
- Build ongoing and collaborative relationships with service providers
- Ensure that contracted deliverables are met and quality outcomes achieved
The position will require regular travel within the region. The role will initially be offered as a contract until June 2022.
COORDINARE is the South Eastern NSW Primary Health Network (PHN), working with a broad range of ‘system’ stakeholders to transform the health system in the region by building synergies, streamlining approaches, and creating momentum for population health improvement.
The organisation has adopted an innovative business model that is data-driven, using epidemiological information, practice-based evidence and local knowledge to set clear priorities for improving health outcomes, achieving better patient experiences and value for money.
You have extensive experience using health system performance information to drive service model planning. You will have:
- Extensive experience working closely in collaboration with stakeholders
- The ability to present information persuasively to different audiences
- An understanding of how commissioning can leverage system change and deliver better outcomes
- Qualifications in health services management, public/population health or associated field
If you would like to help create momentum for population health improvement in South Eastern NSW, please forward your resume and cover letter addressing the “skills required” section above. Alternatively call Lisa Morell on 02 8243 0570 if you have specific questions.
Please note that there is no formal closing date for this role. Early applications are encouraged and suitable candidates may be shortlisted for interview as applications are received.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Director of Commissioning via Pro Bono Australia.