About the role
- Permanent Part Time Roles
- Work life balance, supportive management
- Reap the rewards with salary packaging benefits
- Develop a long-term career with a growing NFP organisation
Do you have what it takes to encourage and empower people living with disability? Here at Jewish Care we are seeking enthusiastic people to support individuals to live independently and live the life they choose.
The work is flexible and varied to suit your lifestyle and availability during the week and weekends will be an advantage.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Establish and maintain a supportive environment for people within a person centred active support
- Promote and encourage maximum community integration
- Contribute to the plans and outcomes for clients, planning of programs and activities
- Work with the client to establish effective links and liaise with community
- Maintain effective interpersonal communications with clients, colleagues, and family members
- Regularly update client goals and relevant records
- Facilitate and support clients in all activities of daily living
- Support clients with all aspects of self care, domestic support (such as meal prep, laundry, cleaning and in Community Access)
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A commitment to support and inspire people to live the life they want
- A supportive, patient, understanding and respectful approach towards people living with a disability
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, work independently and part of a team
- The ability to contribute to the delivery of an outstanding customer experience
- The Ability to self-manage and monitor your work schedule
- Commitment to the delivery of timely and punctual work performance
Jewish Care is committed to the professional development of all staff, providing ongoing opportunities to upgrade staff skill set and expertise. We aim to provide the highest standard of professional and personal support offering flexibility and conditions not readily available elsewhere, including the option of maximising your income with salary packaging.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Disability Support Worker via Pro Bono Australia.