About the role
- Located in Richmond / Dandenong / Outposts
- Part Time role – Salary Packaging available
- Be part of an organisation striving to create a world where all women and children will be safe and free from family violence
We are seeking a suitably qualified & experienced Family Violence case manager. Preferred language is Vietnamese however we also encourage applications from professionals who are fluent in other languages as well.
This position will undertake assessment, monitoring, planning, case management, advocacy and linking of women who are experiencing family violence with support services to assist their case. The case manager will be required to work closely with staff from other agencies to ensure the clients’ needs can be addressed in an integrated manner.
An excellent understanding of the issues involved in working with women from a multicultural background, including intersectional factors impacting women and children affected by family violence will be highly regarded.
If you have the capability to achieve success in this role, have a genuine commitment to social justice, high ethical standards and values. We would love to hear from you!
- Continuously assess and monitor the safety of women and their children throughout the referral period with inTouch;
- Assist women to make informed choices for themselves and their children and to access appropriate and relevant services to help them achieve their stated goals;
- Provide a range of support services and intervention, both individual and group based, to women and their children who have experienced family violence;
- Deliver specialist advice / knowledge to external service providers in relation to the CALD and family violence sector;
- Articulate and demonstrate engagement with clients with complex needs;
- Effectively work with relevant service providers to support an integrated approach to referral pathways, protocols and joint initiatives in the family violence sector;
- Deliver education on the topics of CALD and family violence to community groups;
- Collate and enter data into inTouch software (SHIP) to support clear and concise reporting;
- Proactively coordinate engagement with clients at outreach venues to provide efficient and effective support
- Provide confidential, professional, timely and relevant services to women.
About the organisation
inTouch Multicultural Centre Against Family Violence provides services, programs and responses to issues of family violence in CALD communities. By acknowledging the rights and diverse experiences of our clients, we develop and implement a number of culturally sensitive and holistic models for the provision of services to both victims and perpetrators of family violence. In tackling the issues of family violence we act on multiple levels – individual, relationship and community.
How to apply for this role
inTouch has a pending renewal of an Equal Opportunity Exemption (H143/2018) and requests applications from women only.
As part of our screening process in support of the safeguarding of our clients, candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory National Police Check, Statutory Declaration where necessary, sign our Code of Conduct and complete a Working with Children Check.
Applicants should express their interest through a short covering letter attaching their resume and a brief document, limited to three pages, addressing the key selection criteria. Applicants who do not address KSC will not be considered.
A detailed position description is available on our website www.intouch.org.au
Please send your application to email@example.com, using the subject line: Family Violence Case Manager via Pro Bono.
Applications close on COB Friday, 26 July 2019.
Please quote in application: Family Violence Case Manager via Pro Bono Australia.