About the role
- Position: Full time (38 hrs pw), Fixed Term, 24 months
- Location: Preston
- Salary: $85,000-$101,500
This is a newly developed program created to reduce the rates and severity of recidivism among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth. The Youth Through Care (YTC) Program is an intensive, client centred, holistic, culturally appropriate, trauma-informed program, with a solid connection to country and family that supports Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young peoples aged 10 to 17 years while in custody and exiting detention. You will be responsible to lead a culturally safe and culturally appropriate YTC program which provides trauma-informed, holistic therapeutic case management for Aboriginal young people exiting detention.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people; demonstrated knowledge of or experience in culturally competent evaluation practice; and understanding of transformative approaches to evaluation
- Demonstrated knowledge or ability to obtain knowledge of the Youth Justice system in Victoria
- Demonstrated positive experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, families and young people
- Demonstrated experience in project management, Social Work, Youth Work, Community Development, or other relevant areas
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Program Manager - Youth Through Care program via Pro Bono Australia.