About the role
You are just about to make a life changing decision by applying for a role that supports St Vincent de Paul Society in making a difference to thousands of people! In 2017-2018 we spent over $27 million dollars delivering programs and assistance to people experiencing disadvantage. The St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria and its wide network of over 12,000 volunteers provide practical welfare support, advocacy and friendship for the most vulnerable members of our community. Committed to hiring staff who possess a genuine desire to make a difference to the lives of others, we currently have a new exciting opportunity to join our passionate, supportive and engaging Human Resources Team!
Reporting to an engaging and supportive HR Operations Manager, the Senior HR Advisor will provide high level advice and support to managers and staff on a range of HR matters. In particular, organisational change, workforce management planning, coaching and mentoring people leaders, performance management, grievances, and other employee / volunteer relations matters. The position will play a key role in contributing to our leading organisational development projects and initiatives determined in the annual HR operational project plan. A key project for attention in the first twelve months will be the selection and implementation of a Human Resources Information System. This is intended to cover the entire workforce including employees, members and volunteers.
There is huge scope for the impact you can make in this truly collaborative role and we are excited to get started!
You are an energetic and engaging HR professional with significant HR experience, both operational and strategic within a complex environment. Known for being responsive, approachable, empathetic and service oriented, you will confidently build connections with our leaders and create robust working relationships that add value and drive the HR Strategy. Positive impact is what we are all about so if you are someone who has initiative in abundance and a will to help people succeed, then we want you to apply!
Why work for us? We offer:
- Yes its true… we offer great work hours. Only 37.5 hours a week. Come Friday, we expect you to be out and enjoying your weekend by 4.30. Work life balance is so important to us.
- Salary packaging, sometimes called salary sacrificing is a huge attraction here! It is a popular way of providing employees in the community sector with tax benefits over and above their salary. It means the real value of a salary package can be significantly higher than the nominal value.
- We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
- We like to have a laugh and you will always find some sort of chocolate or cake in our work area… be prepared!
- We make an incredible difference in the lives of over 300,000 people every year.
- We believe in families, so we like to provide a family-friendly environment in which to work.
- We offer a place where you know you are contributing to a firm committed to helping others. We are passionate about #Social Justice.
- We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way.
- We live and breathe our values.
- We are complex in our design which always makes work interesting.
About the organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society in Australia has more than 60,000 members and volunteers, who work hard to assist people in need and combat social injustice across Australia. Internationally, the Society operates in 153 countries and has over 800,000 members.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior HR Advisor via Pro Bono Australia.