About the role
Fixed Term contract, full- time
From early times, Jesuits have recognise the critical role of communications in spreading the Word of God. Australian Jesuits have a deep involvement in media, with print and online publications and podcasts, focused on faith and spirituality, religion, culture, politics, the arts, education and social justice. They serve in key leadership roles in Catholic media and appear in the secular media as commentators within their respective areas of expertise.
In the Australian Jesuit Province, we value being welcoming, discerning and courageous. Those who work within the Province, both Jesuit and lay, share the Ignatian vision of the service of faith and the promotion of justice.
Jesuit Communications was established in 2005to provide a uniquely Catholic perspective on the issues of the day and provide communications support to Jesuit leadership in Australia. Under the banner of “Jesuit Media” it produces the Australian Catholics and Madonna magazine mastheads aand the Eureka Street and Pray.com.au web publications.
An exciting opportunity awaits – to join our passionate and dedicated team as a Digital and Social Media Advisor.
To implement and contribute to the development of the Social and Digital Media strategy for the Australian Jesuit Province and Jesuit Media in accordance with:
- The Jesuit mission;
- the Communications and Apostolic Plans of the Province; and
- the Strategic Plan of Jesuit Communications/ Jesuit Media.
The primary responsibilities of this role are:
- Manage the Province and Jesuit Media websites
- Manage the Province and Jesuit Media social media channels – posts, shares, responses to comments in accordance with the Province Social and Digital Governance Framework
- Prepare and distribute Province and Jesuit Media e-newsletters
- Develop and update the Province Social Media Content strategy and program – including potential expansion into new channels and platforms
- Contribute to the development of and implement social media campaigns
- Grow social media audience size and engagement
- Measurement and reporting
To be successful in the role you will be degree qualified in either communicaitons or public relations and have between 2-4 years communications management experience including:
- marketing communications
- issues and crisis management and social and digital content generation – including design, management and implementation of effective digital communications campaigns to grow and engage with new audiences.
We are looking for a self-starter with the ability to effectively manage competing priorities and build stakeholder relationships. You will have a demonstrated desire to work for a purpose-driven organisation, be interested in and across news and current affairs and in particular have an appreciation of how matters in the news impact faith-based organisations, the Catholic Church and the Society of Jesus (Jesuits).You will be an exceptional writer and editor, conversant with web (including basic HTML) and content management systems and have in-depth understanding of social media platforms and publishing tools. You will be comfortable using and introducing new technology platforms. To round out your background you will need demonstrable capabilities in using social media tools: analytics, SEO and UX. Multimedia skills including film and audio recording and editing will be highly regarded.
A familiarity and/or genuine curiosity about and interest in the Jesuits and their mission will be key to your success in this role.
In return you will have the opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and respected team in an organisation that has a long and rich history of working to help those at the margins of society and is committed to your ongoing personal and professional development.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Social and Digital Media Advisor, Jesuit Communications via Pro Bono Australia.