About the role
EDVOS is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Specialist Family Violence Counsellor. The position will be offered as a full time (38 hours per week), fixed term contract to June 30 2020.
About the Opportunity
The Specialist Family Violence Counsellor aims to provide a flexible and responsive counselling service, in a holistic approach to women accessing services at EDVOS. The role requires the provision of one-to-one counselling for short to medium term counselling including intake and assessment and the development of appropriate therapeutic interventions with women. The ability to work collaboratively with a range of other practitioners and family violence specialists is essential.
Essential to your success
Please review the Position Description for a list of complete selection criteria.
- Tertiary qualifications in Counselling, Social Work or Psychology and eligibility for membership of the relevant professional body.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in counselling, intake and assessment, knowledge of Family Violence, service provision and advocacy.
- Demonstrated understanding of dynamics of family violence
- Proven ability to function both independently and within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with clients and other service providers.
- An understanding of and commitment to the principles and practices of a specialist family violence service.
- Ability to undertake planning, implementation and evaluation of high quality programs.
- Capacity to provide high quality family violence counselling to a diverse range of clients including women and children with: CALD backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Women and children, women who identify as LGBTI, women living with a disability and young women
- Demonstrated knowledge of appropriate therapeutic modalities including Trauma Informed Practice
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence and ability to drive a range of vehicles as required.
- Current Working with Children Check valid for employment purposes
About the organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Services (EDVOS) is a not-for-profit specialist family violence service in Melbourne’s eastern metropolitan region. We provide an integrated range of support and services to empower women and children who are responding to family violence. We operate within a human rights framework and our focus is on supporting the safety of women and children and the accountability of perpetrators.
What We Offer
- Excellent Professional Development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS all staff training
- Health and wellbeing programs for all staff including weekly yoga classes, walk at work, bi-monthly staff shared lunch and birthday calendar
- Regular supervision and management support including access to EAP
- Internal committees (e.g. Innovation & Development and Quality and Safety) working groups to support staff’s interest and expertise (e.g. Diversity, Consumer Engagement, OHS, Children and Youth)
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
This is a rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence.
EDVOS hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 9am until 8pm and Saturday from 9am until 5pm. Casual shifts may be offered across those hours of operation. Salary for these positions will be aligned with SCHADS Level 6 + 9.5% super.
How to apply for this role
How to Apply
Please visit www.edvos.org.au to download a copy of the position description for these vacancies.
For further information regarding the positions please contact Seema, Team Leader Case Management Inner East on (03) 9259 4200.
Applications including cover letter, CV and a separate document addressing the key selection criteria (as outlined in the PD), should be forwarded to email@example.com using the subject line: ADS0120 Specialist Family Violence Counsellor by COB Friday July 26 2019.
Appointments with EDVOS are subject to a police records check, working with children check and reference checks. EDVOS employ women only to most of our positions as per the findings of EEO exemption H327/2017 and by special measure. EDVOS values diversity in our workforce, actively promoting equal employment opportunities for all women. We encourage applications from women of all abilities and women from diverse backgrounds. EDVOS is a child-focussed and child safe organisation.
Please quote in application: Specialist Family Violence Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.