About the role
- Location- Morwell
- Full time
- Salary – $83,239-$86,920
You will be responsible to provide leadership to the Gippsland Aboriginal Kinship Care team located at the Morwell office
The Aboriginal Kinship Care Program provides:
- Information and Advice Service which provides information to Kinship Care carers and takes any inquiries about kinship care
- Case support and case management to Aboriginal children and carers involved in statutory kinship care placements
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal communities and culture and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia
- An ability to work in a culturally respectful and competent manner with young people, their families and communities to ensure that cultural connections are fostered and maintained
- A sound knowledge and understanding of issues, policies, legislation and practices in relation to child and family welfare and in particular, children in kinship care
- A demonstrated ability to mentor staff by providing them with relevant information, support, feedback about their work, and opportunities for professional development.
- A demonstrated capacity to work as part of a team as well as providing leadership to a team and capacity to allocate tasks
- Strong computer skills with ability to learn the CRIS and CRISSP client data systems
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader - Kinship Care via Pro Bono Australia.