About the role
The successful candidate will be required to provide quality Tenancy and Property Management services by undertaking a variety of tasks essential in the day to day operations of the Housing division. Specifically the role involves Tenancy & Property management duties within the Affordable Housing Association (AHA) and Transitional Housing programs.
The objectives of this position are:
- To manage the provision of Affordable and Transitional Housing in line with Residential Tenancy Act 1997.
- To provide excellent customer service to tenants and prospective tenants.
- To record and forward maintenance requests to the applicable maintenance department.
- To assist with application and wait list management.
- Rental management.
- To provide prompt and accurate reporting when required both internally and externally.
- To collect a body of data focusing on the nature and causes of housing stress and thus contribute to the process of policy development and change.
- To liaise with, in consultation with the Manager, government and non-government community sector agencies to further the work of Haven; Home, Safe and be involved in the promotion and education of the needs of homeless people and those experiencing housing stress.
This position includes an iPad, mobile phone, use of pool car and no weekend work. This role would suit someone who has previously worked in real estate or a not for profit housing provider.
About the organisation
Haven; Home, Safe (HHS) is the leading provider of integrated homelessness and housing services and Victoria’s first registered affordable housing association. Haven; Home, Safe is a dynamic and rapidly growing organisation and the only fully integrated agency in Australia to provide both homelessness services and affordable housing. We are a Charity with DGR status, committed to the communities in which we operate.
We have a reputation for excellence and provide a range of innovative support programs and property and tenancy management solutions to some of the more vulnerable people across much of the state. Our current portfolio of 2000 properties houses over 5000 people.
Haven; Home, Safe expects a high level of innovation from its executive staff. We expect role-modelled commitment, quality, passion and energy from our employees. In return we offer competitive remuneration packages and attractive benefits. We offer a supportive workplace culture, flexible working conditions, family friendly workplace, training & development opportunities, Employee Assistance Program, salary packaging arrangements and an opportunity to make a real difference within our growing organization
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Tenancy & Property Manager via Pro Bono Australia.