About the role
- Be part of an organization that makes a difference
- Take your next career step
- National Office Sydney, NSW
- Permanent Full Time
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. We are currently seeking an Policy Analyst to join our growing team.
Reporting to the National Manager, Policy, Practice & Analytics, and working with a dedicated and passionate team, contributing to The Smith Family’s vision.
A day in the life of an Policy Analyst might look like this, but every day can be different. Primarily, you will be responsible for:
- Analyse data regarding program performance and outcomes and develop program impact reports
- Contribute to the development of performance measures to monitor the impact of policy program initiatives
- Contribute to the design and development of new policy and review existing policies
- Identify opportunity for program review and improvement, contribute to program review process
- Contribute to the design and development of existing and new programs within a research>policy>practice framework
It takes a special kind of person to be our Policy Analyst . Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in Social Policy, Education, research or related discipline
- Well-developed conceptual and analysis skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Effective communication and relationship management across a wide range of stakeholders
- Policy and program development skills
- Ability to manage a portfolio of varied projects
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to make a difference and this sounds like your next role, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact us today by sending your resume and cover letter to Christine.Hunt@thesmithfamily.com.au. You may view the position description attached. For any other information, please contact Christine Hunt.
Closing date: Monday, 26 August 2019
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
Please quote in application: Policy Analyst via Pro Bono Australia.