About the role
The Australian Cultural Fund Manager is responsible for implementing our strategy related to:
- Advocacy; building philanthropic sentiment around the value of supporting the arts through the ACF.
- Providing Expertise; being an informed and influential source of expertise regarding support for the artists, arts organisations and donors using the ACF.
- Building Capacity; supporting the arts sector to develop fundraising skills.
- Partnering; building partnerships to support artists and arts organisations using the ACF.
The objectives of the position are:
- To coordinate the development of the ACF in a manner consistent with Creative Partnerships’ strategic goals.
- To work with colleagues and external stakeholders to develop the ACF to better serve artists, arts organisations and donors.
- To broaden the reach of the ACF’s impact in support of the cultural sector.
The key duties of the position are:
- Provide information and advice to artists and arts organisations about registering with the ACF.
- Provide information and advice to artists and arts organisations about strategies to identify and reach prospective donors, and about how to manage relationships with donors and maximise the potential of their campaigns.
- Provide information and advice to donors to the ACF.
- Work with the Operations Team, contributing to processes for receiving donations, paying and acquitting grants.
- Work with the Marketing Team on the promotion of the ACF to the arts and philanthropic sectors, via communications, events and presentations.
- Foster partnerships within the arts and philanthropic sectors to support the development and impact of the ACF.
- Work with the State Managers to promote knowledge of and use of the ACF.
- Develop opportunities for ACF information sessions to stakeholders and at peak industry events.
- Work with the Operations Team on the preparation of reports, including insights and analysis, as required.
Key Selection Criteria
- Experience in delivering fundraising campaigns, including peer to peer fundraising and the use of social networks in fundraising, most likely in a membership organisation, association, government, not-for-profit or social enterprise context.
- An understanding of the Australian philanthropic sector and understanding of fundraising best practice.
- Experience working in an arts or non-profit environment, a sound understanding of the arts environment in Australia and an enthusiasm for the arts and artists.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with strengths in relationship building and stakeholder management.
- Strong understanding of communications, social media, CRMs and content management systems.
- Positive attitude to working in a small team and an outcomes focused approach.
- The ability and drive to take initiative, think creatively and adapt to change.
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
- Current and prospective ACF artists and arts organisations
- ACF donors
- Trusts and Foundations
- Creative Partnerships’ Marketing and Communications
- Creative Partnerships’ Finance
- Creative Partnerships’ Programs Team
- Creative Partnerships’ State Managers
About the organisation
Creative Partnerships Australia works to foster a culture of private giving to the arts. It does this through a range of programs and services designed to develop the skills and knowledge of the arts sector, as well as working with artists and arts organisations, businesses and philanthropists to foster partnership, mentoring and investment opportunities.
How to apply for this role
To apply please send your CV with a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 26 August 2019, 5pm.
Please contact Jayne Lovelock, Executive Director, Operations & Marketing on at email@example.com regarding any queries.
Please quote in application: Australian Cultural Fund Manager via Pro Bono Australia.