About the role
- Multiple Casual positions across South West Metropolitan Adelaide
- Be part of a great team
- Make a difference and support older people living in their own homes
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for people with warm and understanding personalities to join our Community Aged Care team and work together with customers, their families and carers to improve the health, lifestyle and well-being of customers. No job will be too hard or too basic for you. Whether it is personal care, transport, domestic assistance, or social support, you will always be eager to help. Your focus will be on customers’ strengths, promoting their independence and encouraging their engagement in the community.
What do you need to bring?
- A Certificate III in Aged Care, Home and Community Care, or Individual Support
- A sound knowledge of the physical, emotional and social needs of older people living in the community
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build relationships with customers
- Willingness to go above and beyond to provide individualised care that empowers independence
- A current Driver’s Licence recognised in South Australia & your own insured, roadworthy vehicle
- Availability to work a minimum of 4 days per week
What can you expect to be doing?
- Deliver Care Plans to assist older people to remain living at home, optimising their independence, supporting them to stay connected to the people and activities that matter to them
- Provide a range of home care support services such as social support, personal care, domestic services and transport
- Connect with customers in a manner that enhances their dignity & self-esteem
- Observe listen and promptly report changes in customer behaviour or health and well-being
- Attend required training, team meetings and participate in your own Professional Development
What can AnglicareSA offer me?
- Secure employment with one of the state’s largest service providers
- Access to our salary packaging options – increase your take home pay and decrease the amount of tax you pay!
- Discounted retail shopping options, gym memberships and Health Insurance
- Relationships with like-minded people who focus on improving the lives of many
About the organisation
AnglicareSA is a not-for-profit organisation who makes a positive difference to the community every day. With over 1800 staff and 700 volunteers, we have been supporting South Australians for more than 150 years. There are many members of the community who require assistance and for that reason, we stand with our arms open to support people to achieve their aspirations and overcome their challenges. Our values underpin the work we do and are key in enabling us to recruit the right people.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Care Workers – Community Aged Care via Pro Bono Australia.