About the role
ReConnect provides transitional support to eligible participants who are exiting custody and will be residing in the North and West Metropolitan regions of Melbourne.
In order to facilitate community reintegration and reduce reoffending the program supports participants to address seven key domains; housing, mental health, AOD, employment, education & training, independent living skills and family & community connectedness.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced case support worker who are able to provide case management to men and women exiting prison.
This is a full time position based at Brunswick, with the requirement to travel between prison locations.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Work closely with the senior practitioner to support day to day operations of the Reconnect program
- Manage a case load of participants with multiple and complex needs
- Ability to work without supervision in the community in an outreach capacity
- Support participants to develop individually tailored case plans that are goal focused and participant led
Qualifications, Skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification/s and/or experience in field required
- Experience working effectively with people engaged in the criminal justice system and a strong understanding of the challenges facing men and women as they transition from prison to community
- Good practice framework(s) and strong relational and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of working within a compliance framework
- We offer a competitive remuneration package including benefits of Not For Profit (NFP) salary packaging and superannuation
- Salary range $67,000+
- Salary packaging of up to $15,900 tax free
- Location at Brunswick (with the requirement to travel between prison locations)
- 4 weeks annual leave with 17.5% annual leave loading
- Supportive team environment
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program for independent and confidential counselling
- A range of learning and professional development opportunities and access to an internal training calendar
An Attractive Salary plus salary packaging is offered, together with ongoing professional and career development.
About the organisation
- Jesuit Social Services Adult Justice Programs
- ReConnect - North and West Metropolitan Regions
- Full Time position
About the organisation
Jesuit Social Services is a social change organisation working to build a just society where all people can live to their full potential.
Since 1977, we’ve provided services in some of the most disadvantaged in our community.
We place a high priority on advocacy and are a leader in policy development and research.
About the program
Brosnan Services, an arm of Jesuit Social Services, has accompanied and worked with people involved in Victoria’s criminal Justice system for 40 years. We support people to overcome the legacy of negative experiences in their lives by re-affirming their value and worth as individuals. Our approach emphasizes empowerment as a key principle when engaging people with multiple and complex needs. We give attention to their skills and strengths rather than deficits; and to self-determination and responsibility rather than dependency.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Support Worker – ReConnect via Pro Bono Australia.