About the role
Do you believe in the right of all people to self-determine the direction their life takes?
- Are you interested in supporting young adults with an intellectual disability to set and achieve their own goals?
The NextPath Post School Program of Mater Dei is seeking a Goal Facilitator to join its growing team. At NextPath we provide ongoing learning and purposeful activities to assist young adults with a disability to achieve self-directed goals.
- Location: Narellan and Camden
- Work Type: Temporary Part time, 12 months, 3 days a week, 48 weeks per annum
- Award: SCHADS Level 5 pay point 3, plus super
The NextPath Program was established in January 2018 with 6 participants and has had substantial growth. We currently support 37 young adults through our program. Your primary role would be to develop curriculum to support the ongoing learning of our participants. This involves working closely with others in the team to understand programming and requirements for learning, and the individual goals of participants, to determine the areas for which curriculum needs to be developed. You will need to base curriculum on research evidence and adapt curriculum development according to the goals of the program participants.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience of working with people with disability and/or providing services that relate directly to assisting people to achieve identified goals
- Demonstrated ability to translate research based evidence outlined in academic journals to practice.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and writing and evaluating programs to assist adults achieve identified goals
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work effectively as part of a fast paced team and environment
- Driver’s license
- Working With Children’s Check
- First aid qualifications
- work experience in providing clinical services to clients or teaching or tutoring in school or tertiary education sectors (including VET)
- Professional qualifications relevant to teaching, education, health promotion, disability or allied health.
For more information please visit: https://www.nextpath.org.au/about-us/careers
To discuss the role please contact Tennille Bertram on 0427 271 285
About the organisation
Mater Dei NextPath Post School Program provides ongoing learning and purposeful activities to assist young adults with a disability to achieve self-directed goals.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Curriculum Lead - Post School Program via Pro Bono Australia.