About the role
- Opportunities like this dont come along too often
- Lead our Red Cross operations across Western Australian
- Help maximise our impact on changing humanitarian needs
Our focus is on building an active movement of people united by a shared commitment to humanitarian values; empowering everyone to do what’s most needed in their communities, leveraging Red Cross’ resources and expertise to build a hopeful and exciting future.
As the Director, you will lead our work to deliver on our operational and strategic priorities. You will provide leadership and ensure positive in ternal and external stakeholder relationships including working actively with the WA Divisional Advisory Board and building our member and volunteer base in WA.
As part of the Leadership team, you will help us deliver financial sustainability and positively position Red Cross externally. In addition, you will also work with the Director, Migration, Emergencies and Movement Relations to effectively deliver related services including disaster response.
What you will bring
- Demonstrated senior leadership experience within a large community service or service delivery organisation
- Demonstrated success in driving cultural change and working with volunteers
- Proven experience in working and engaging with local communities including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- Well-developed strategic and financial management skills and organisational acumen
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster relationships with external stakeholders such as peak bodies, local and state Governments and partner organisations
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, skills and/or experience in public service, business administration, community services or related fields
About the organisation
Australian Red Cross is part of the worlds largest humanitarian organisation. As an organisation independent of government and with no political, religious or cultural affiliation, our vision is human dignity, peace, safety and well-being for all.
Our purpose is supporting and empowering people and communities in times of vulnerability, preventing and alleviating suffering across Australian and internationally through mobilising the power of humanity.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Director, Western Australia via Pro Bono Australia.