About the role
Practice Leader – Post Separation Services (PSS) is an ongoing, full time position based in Deakin, ACT.
In consultation with the Practice Manager, PSS, the Practice Leader is expected to provide supervision and oversee the delivery of high quality mediation services within the program. Post Separation Services refers to any family dispute resolution (FDR) service, family relationship service, senior relationship service or other services relating to separated or separating families delivered by Relationships Australia Canberra & Region. It also refers to any group work or project that operates as a post separation service.
To be successful in this role, you are required to possess:
- Tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, law, mediation or a related area as well as training in mediation as specified in the Regulations to the Family Law Act 1975.
- Has completed or willing to complete, either:
- the full Vocational Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution (or the higher education provider equivalent); or
- an appropriate qualification or accreditation under the National Mediation Accreditation Scheme and competency in the six compulsory units from the Vocational Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution (or the higher education provider equivalent)
- Demonstrated experience in supervising staff and the ability to exercise judgment and initiative where appropriate, set priorities, manage competing demands and monitor workflows.
- Demonstrated experience in mediation and child inclusive practice and knowledge of domestic violence, crisis intervention models, grief and loss in the context of family separation and child development and legislative requirements of mandatory reporting.
For a full list of selection criteria, please refer to the position description on our website.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants are encouraged to apply.
About the organisation
Relationships Australia is a leading provider of relationship support services for people and their families, as well as the communities in which they live. We aim to support all people in Australia to achieve positive and respectful relationships. We are a community-based, not-for-profit Australian organisation with no religious affiliations. Our services are for all members of the community, regardless of religious belief, age, gender, sexual orientation, lifestyle choice, cultural background or economic circumstances.
Relationships Australia offers services in various locations around Australia that includes counselling, family dispute resolution (mediation) and a range of family and community support and education programs, primarily funded by Federal, State and Territory Governments. Relationships Australia Canberra & Region (RACR) is one of the eight state and territory organisations that comprise the Relationships Australia Federation.
RACR is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on any grounds. We have voluntarily opted to be subject to the obligations of a public authority under Part 5A of the Human Rights Amendment Act 2008 (ACT). This means that all staff must comply with human rights, as far as possible to do so, in all our decisions and conduct.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Practice Leader – Post Separation Services via Pro Bono Australia.