About the role
- SCHADS Award Level 6 – $92,547 trp (including salary $83,492 per annum)
- Salary Packaging Option (up to an additional $15,899 p/a)
- Full Time position
- Daly River Location
We have a newly created position for a School Counsellor & Parent Educator to join the Daly River team at CatholicCare NT. Nauiyu is a remote Aboriginal community approximately 250km south of Darwin, set on the banks of the Daly River which snakes it way around the community.
This position plays a key role in providing support to families and children in the Nauiyu Community to achieve positive outcomes in their lives. The position will be reporting directly to the Regional Manager Top End Remote.
This position plays a key role in providing counselling and case management to families where required. We are looking for a candidate who has the ability to apply evidence based, child centred, trauma informed methodologies to work towards agreed upon goals and deliver wellbeing outcomes for clients.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide information, parent education and skills including activities and support to increase parental knowledge of child development. In addition you will be a team player with ability to work with others in a spirit of trust, respect, reflection and accountability.
We are looking for a person with:
- Relevant qualification and/or post graduate experience in Psychology, Social Work or Counselling essential.
- Membership or eligibility to join a governing body such as PACFA, AASW or ACA.
- Demonstrated competence in using a broad range of evidence based counselling, group work and social/emotional wellbeing approaches to support participant outcomes.
At CatholicCare NT our employees have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs. To find out more about the benefits available to you when you join CatholicCare NT please visit our career website.
Please contact Recruitment on (08) 8944 2000, for further information.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: School Counsellor & Parent Educator via Pro Bono Australia.