About the role
TEAM MANAGER NSW, HNE – Full Time
We now have an exciting opportunity to join the NSW team as Team Manager, based in the Wallsend Office.
- Salary Packaging options including Motor vehicle + Fuel Card
- Superannuation at 9.5%
- Professional supervision, training and development
- Tools for the role, mobile phone and laptop
- 4 weeks leave, then increases to 5 weeks after 2 years of continued service
- Office based in Wallsend
About the role
As the TEAM MANAGER you will take a high profile and leadership role in the team and provide appropriate levels of line management, supervision, support and training to Social Workers and Children & Young Persons Support Service (CYPSS) Workers to ensure that high quality practice is an achievable aim for all Social Workers in line with Key Assets and the group’s Pledges and Purposes.
Key Components of the role:
- To supervise and manage the metro team.
- To take the initiative in identifying and responding to new business opportunities in the region, with the support of the Director and Operations Manager.
- To build a close and effective working relationship with partner agencies and participate in managing the formal partnerships Key Assets has established.
- To actively engage with the community, working through local networks and with local organisations to raise the profile of Key Assets and identifying opportunities for joint working.
- To work closely with the Department of Family and Community Services in the delivery of contracted services.
- To carry a small caseload and work directly with families as required including case management, family case planning, and a range of casework activities.
Qualities, Experience and Skills Required
- Relevant professional qualification and a minimum five years’ experience as a qualified worker in a children and family setting of which two years must have been gained working in intensive family support, child protection and/or out of home care.
- Show evidence of leadership, management and supervisory experience
- Be able to show initiative and to work independently.
- Have a strong ability to create and maintain sustainable relationships with stakeholders and capacity to develop networks on behalf of the agency.
- Be willing to undertake and satisfactorily complete personal and statutory checks
About the organisation
Key Assets - The Children’s Services Provider Australia (Not-For-Profit Agency)
- An Australia wide Out of Home Care and children and family services (NGO) provider
- Part of an international group of children’s services providers; operating in all Australian states,
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI Bronze Employer of Choice for 2015 & 2016, AWEI Gold Employer Award for 2017, AWEI Silver Employer Award for 2018, finalist for the Australian HR Awards 2017
- Key Assets is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to achieve good outcomes for children and families.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Social Work Team Manager (HNE) via Pro Bono Australia.