About the role
Requestion ID: req2102
Employment Type: Casual
We are seeking passionate Support Workers to join our team in Kempsey on a casual basis. In this position, you will report to the Team Leader and provide exceptional person centred support to our customers within our Enabling and Life Building program. You will be instrumental in supporting our customers achieve their identified goals and improve their wellbeing.
The day to day
- Providing a person centred approach to help customers achieve their goals and aspirations
- Contributing information for the development of Customer support plans
- Providing support to customers with personal care, living skills, transport, social activities, medication and other support as required
- Keeping customer records up to date on a daily basis using on line systems
- Developing and maintain professional relationships and networks with customers, families, caregivers and key stakeholders
- With support & guidance from the Team Leader, seek out innovative ways to enhance the customer journey
What you need to have:
- Passion, Respect & Integrity
- Technical literacy with proven ability to use Microsoft Office and systems for reporting
- Appropriate certificate level qualification in Mental Health or Disability or equivalent relevant experience in the human services industry
- Valid Driver C class Licence, with ability to drive vehicles in licence class, including large cars and vans.
- Willingness to obtain an Australian Federal Police Check, WWCC and first aid certificate that meet New Horizons employment criteria prior to commencing with us
Rewards and Recognition:
If you’re looking for somewhere to pursue your passion, apply your initiative and make a difference you could benefit from:
- Internal and external learning and development opportunities
- Supportive corporate culture and working environment
- Employee Assistance Program providing counselling services
- Eligibility for our recognition program and celebration of service
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
We would like your application to include a cover letter that explains how your skills, ability and experience meets the requirements of this advert.
Applications close 5pm, Saturday 17 August 2019 or when a suitable candidate is identified, so apply now, don't wait
New Horizons acknowledges all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of the land.
New Horizons values diversity and encourages applications from all people. Our vision is to see happy inclusive communities work together in collaborative and inclusive ways to create opportunity and improve quality of life. Our workforce proudly reflects the local communities we connect with and support.
Please quote in application: Support Worker (Casual) - Kempsey via Pro Bono Australia.