About the role
- Casual opportunities based in Canberra
- Support individuals to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in their own community
- $27.99 per hour (exclusive of penalty rates) + superannuation + salary packaging benefits
- Rewarding role in a community setting
- Access to ongoing support and development/training opportunities
About this opportunity
As a Support Worker, you will deliver a variety of services to participants to support them to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in the community. Your working day may include (but not limited to), assistance and or support with daily life, including personal care, domestic activities, social and community participation and varying skill development activities.
You’re a passionate, empathetic and caring individual who is looking to make an invaluable positive impact on the lives of others. You relish a challenge and new experience. You’re calm, collected and resilient in the face of adversity and are looking to carry these qualities with you to the front line to start helping those in need. You are an independent, proactive thinker and worker but are also able to follow direction/s given by your managers and can work within a tight-knit team. You may also be required to support the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) program, at the request of your employer.
If this is you, you’re in luck: we have the perfect opportunity for you to do all of these things – right here, with us.
What do you need?
- Minimum Certificate 3 in Mental Health, Disability, Aged Care, Home and Community Care or related fields
- A current valid Driver’s License and a registered, insured vehicle
- Satisfactory Police Records Check (less than 6 months old) and Working with Children Check, prior to commencement
- Applicants having experience and knowledge in psychosocial disability will be at an advantage
- Current First Aid certificate
- Manual Handling training would be desired
- NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate is mandatory prior to commencement: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Support Workers | ACT via Pro Bono Australia.