About the role
- Be a part of making a difference in the local community
- Work close to home
- Increase take home pay with Salary Packaging
Our client, WASH House, is seeking a qualified and experienced professional to join their team in the role of Caseworker in their Staying Home Leaving Violence (SHLV) program.
Your new employer…
The Women’s Activities and Self Help (WASH) House is a community based information and resource centre for women that envisages a community in which women exercise equal rights, choose their own destiny and have a safe environment for themselves and their children. They work towards this by providing information and referral, advocacy, capacity building and support services.
The organisation has been established in the area for over 35 years as a support and resource centre for women. Over this time, the WASH House has grown and evolved to run a range of programs including Staying Home Leaving Violence, Counselling, Case Work, Group Work and Information Services. The WASH House is a service run by women, for women.
Leave work each day feeling part of making a difference to the local community! Find out more about WASH via www.washhouse.org.au
About the Program…
The Staying Home Leaving Violence (SHLV) program is a casework model supporting women (and their children) escaping domestic violence to remain safely in their homes, or leave safely.
Your new job…
This position provides support to women & children escaping domestic violence through intervention, case management and group work services. This role works closely with clients by assessing safety needs, seeking to improve social, health, economic and legal outcomes for families, reduce homelessness and promote accountability for offenders of violence.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Case Management
- Community Development
- Quality Improvement
The role is Permanent Part Time at 30 hours per week but there is flexibility for days & hours to be negotiated.
The role could be worked 4 or 5 days per week/school hours/9 day fortnight. Salary for this role is classified at level 5 in the NSW SCHADS Award (Pay Point to be determined based on experience). The role is based in Mt Druitt but covers the whole of Blacktown LGA therefore will require some travel as necessary.
What you’ll need to succeed…
The successful applicant will be a passionate woman with sound experience in case management and a proven ability to support women & children in crisis with complex needs. Your experience will also include networking, advocacy and you will have a good understanding of domestic violence.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications e.g.: Social Work, Behavioural Sciences
- Experience in case management of people with complex support needs including outreach and advocacy
- Knowledge and understanding of domestic violence, social policy and issues that face women and their children in Western Sydney
- Proven ability to support women and children in crisis or at significant risk of harm and understanding of trauma-informed practice
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Experience networking with multidisciplinary services and agencies and ability to build and foster relationships
- Conceptual skills, with sound analytical and problem-solving ability
- Ability to work effectively within a small team
- Computer and internet skills
- Current driver’s licence
- Working with Children check and Police Check (or willingness to obtain)
The WASH House considers being a woman a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s.31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
What you’ll get in return…
- Some above Award conditions
- Opportunities for multi skilling and up-skilling
- High level of diversity in role
- Excellent working environment
If you have a background in Women’s Services or Domestic Violence and a passion for helping making a positive difference in people’s lives then this is the role for you!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Worker, Women's Services via Pro Bono Australia.