About the role
Reporting to the Board, be responsible for and manage the operations of the Foundation.
The role is currently part-time (3 days per week) with the possibility of ramping up according to funding and operational needs. The person can work remotely and be based anywhere in Australia.
The role will be initially offered as a 12-month contract with further extension depending on funding and operational requirements.
The role works in conjunction with the volunteer board (who are based in different locations across Australia), a Project Manager and Fundraiser.
- Working with the Fundraiser to implement and manage the fundraising strategy (including negotiation of any contractual arrangements with supporters).
- Stakeholder management, including managing existing relationships and development of greater connection with organisations, government, sponsors and supporters, academics and researchers.
- Regular reporting to the Board, including the bi-monthly Board meeting.
- Financial management, including preparation of management accounts and reporting to the Board in conjunction with the Treasurer and bookkeeper.
- Management of documentary production process with the production company, negotiation, contract liaison/supervision and securing distribution channels for the program in conjunction with the Project Manager and Impact Producer.
- Develop and implement the communications strategy, including managing the website, blog and social media content.
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualification in management, marketing, human services or related discipline, or demonstrated experience in managing programs and/or organisations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of disability, disability issues and the disability sector.
- Demonstrated interpersonal/communication skills, including written, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage programs and services within a budget.
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills, including the ability to switch between strategy-level thinking and routine tasks.
- Ability to work autonomously without much supervision, in a flexible professional manner and who can adapt to a changing workload.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Experience in reporting to and working with a volunteer board.
- Experience in promotion and digital communication, including production of content for websites and social media distribution.
- Ability to manage risks, issues and contentious matters.
To apply include your resume and covering letter and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the organisation
About the organisation
The purpose of the Attitude Foundation is to challenge attitudes toward people with disability in Australia, particularly the portrayal of people with disability in media. The current collective negative and stereotyped attitudes towards people with disability have significant political, social, economic and cultural impacts.
The Attitude Foundation plays a role of being an advocate, point of focus, expertise and leadership on the media portrayal of people with disability.
The Attitude Foundation provides information, commentary and collaboration with other organisations working in the field, as well as government, media and researchers.
A key strategy of the Foundation is making a documentary series where people with disability are given the opportunity to tell their own compelling stories, helping to dispel stereotypes and myths.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.