About the role
Join our Team!
Our volunteers are the heartbeat of our organisation and help us to support and connect with people on every step of their life path, responding with love, care, hope and humility, and support the most vulnerable in our community. Anglicare recognises the critical role our volunteers play and the positive impact they make.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a passionate Coordinator to take ownership of our Community Visitors Scheme – a Government-funded program that recruits volunteers to visit clients both within the community and in Residential Aged Care facilities.
The role is a contract until the end of June 2021, working four days per week. You will be based in our Brisbane CBD offices but will travel extensively throughout the Southern Queensland region, from the Gold Coast to Bundaberg, coordinating the recruitment, selection, orientation, supervision and support of volunteers. The focus of this program is to match volunteers and clients who have similar hobbies and interests, life experiences and other connections in order to reduce social isolation and increase wellbeing of all parties.
Benefits and Culture
Supported by an approachable and empowering manager and working within a small, autonomous team, you will be self-managing and enjoy “owning” your position. Our larger Organisational Development team are a diverse group who enjoy celebrating special occasions and sharing successes. Some other benefits include:
- Travel across the service region, including regular visits to both our community sites and aged care facilities
- Developing genuine and authentic relationships with managers, team members and volunteers
- Use of company fleet vehicles, plus tools of the trade and mobile technology to enable you to work offsite
- Part time hours with flexibility around days and start/finish times
- Making a considerable contribution to the wellbeing of our clients and the outcomes we achieve in the community
Skills and Experience
Whether you have already established understanding of the CVS progam, or come from a HR/Recruitment background, your commitment to supporting our services by creating strong, effective relationships will be paramount. Some of your skills and capabilities will include:
- Interviewing and assessment experience, asking effective questions and active listening skills
- Provision of training, supervision and support to volunteers across multiple service sites and environments
- Comfortable travelling as a significant part of your role, and a good geographical knowledge of Southern Queensland
- An interest in networking within the care sector and wider community to promote the service
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and the confidence to relate to a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong general administration background, including developing records and maintaining reporting functions
- Great coordination and liaison experience, with multi-tasking and prioritisation capabilities
- A warm and engaging personality, able to build rapport with a diverse range of personalities
- Capacity to problem-solve, think outside the box and offer innovative solutions
- A resilient and adaptive nature with negotiating and influencing skills
- Energy, enthusiasm and genuine commitment to volunteer services
- Cultural sensitivity and social awareness
- A background in the non-profit sector and previous experience working with volunteers would be beneficial
You will be required to hold a Queensland Drivers Licence and a National Police Certificate.
What happens now?
Send us your current resume and a Cover Letter explaining your interest in working with Anglicare SQ. Once we receive your application, you will be sent a link to complete a short, 15-minute on-line assessment and shortlisting will take place soon after.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Coordinator - Community Visitor Scheme via Pro Bono Australia.