About the role
An exciting opportunity presents itself to work as a Disability Care Worker within the Community Care and Inclusion Directorate of Wesley Mission Queensland as part of the NDIS Home Support service. The Disability Care Worker is responsible for delivering individualised supports to people who have disabilities including those with high and complex support needs, who are residing in their own homes. Supports will be delivered in a way that assists the individual to attain and maintain their optimum degree of independence, quality of life and to meet the goals identified in their NDIS plans. Clients will be supported with all aspects of daily living, including but not restricted to, personal care, associated light domestic duties and social/community participation.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Align one’s workplace behaviour in accordance with the WMQ Model of Care, the Wesley Charter and Wesley Mission Queensland’s Vision, Mission and Values.
- Provide support to people who have a disability including those with high and complex needs with all aspects of daily living, including but not restricted to personal care, light domestic duties and social/community participation.
- Assist people who have a disability to attain and maintain their optimum degree of independence, quality of life and to pursue the goals identified in their NDIS plans.
- Provide high quality supports in accordance with the individuals Care Plan, WMQ’s Code of Conduct, policies and procedures and the NDIS practice standards.
- Plan, provide and review supports in collaboration with the individual and their networks to ensure they provide for their holistic well-being.
- Build positive relationships and communicate appropriately with clients, their families and networks.
- Consult and provide feedback to the Care Leader/Manager regarding client outcomes, needs, concerns and risks identified.
- Maintain accurate client records and time sheets.
- Actively participate in performance reviews, team meetings, training and all continuous improvement initiatives.
10. Undertake other duties consistent with the position where required and/or requested by management.
For more information, please contact Anna Forster via AForster@wmq.org.au
About the organisation
WMQ is a large and dynamic organisation with more than 65 locations throughout South East Queensland supporting 100,000 Queenslanders every year. As a non-for-profit organisation with over 100 years' experience in delivering community supports, Wesley Mission Queensland has a history steeped in hope, respect, compassion, empowerment, innovation, justice and integrity.
Why work with Wesley Mission Queensland:
Working alongside people who love what they do
Above Award pay
Access to discounted holiday units
Employee Assistance Program
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Disability Care Worker (NDIS) via Pro Bono Australia.