About the role
- SCHADS Award Level 6 – $92,547 trp (including salary $83,492)
- Salary Packaging Option (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- Full Time Position
We have a newly created position for a Domestic & Family Violence Counsellor to join our Counselling team within CatholicCare NT. This position plays a key role in providing counselling and therapeutic interventions to survivors of domestic and family violence including children. The position reports directly to the Crime Victims Coordinator, in conjunction with the Lead Practitioner Counselling.
The primary focus of this role is to provide counselling and support to women and children that have endured Domestic & Family Violence. You will also be required undertakes risk assessments to promote the safety and wellbeing of clients. As such, we are looking for a candidate that has or can rapidly acquire an understanding of DFV practice whilst applying knowledge of contemporary gender issues, evidence based and Trauma Informed Practice methodologies.
The successful candidate will be a team player with the ability to work with others in a spirit of trust, respect, reflection, and accountability.
We are looking for a person with:
- Relevant qualification in Psychology, Social Work, Social Science or Counselling
- Membership or eligibility to join a governing body such as PACFA, AASW or ACA
- Knowledge of Trauma Informed Practice and demonstrated competence in using a broad range of evidence based counselling and group work approaches to support client outcomes
- Professional experience counselling Domestic and Family violence survivors are desirable
At CatholicCare NT our employees have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs. To find out more about the benefits available to you when you join CatholicCare NT please visit our career website.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Domestic & Family Violence Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.