About the role
Reporting directly to the CEO, and as part of the wider BSA Senior Management Team, this role will be responsible for HR at a strategic level across the organisation, while also encompassing a wide range of ‘hands on’ operational scope. You will have direct responsibility for HR & WHS systems, working alongside and managing a small, cohesive and capable team.
You will have demonstrated success in development and management of the entire range of HR systems, a good working knowledge of related legislation, employment conditions and how to continue to engage and develop a motivated workforce. We are looking for an intuitive person with excellent interpersonal skills, outstanding leadership abilities and a practical operational approach.
Bible Society Offers:
• Friendly team environment
• Career opportunity with senior strategic input in a diverse and changing organisation
• A unique breadth of experience across multiple brands (6 brands, total approx. 450 staff)
• Work will be located in both CBD and West Ryde locations – number of days of work per week in each location will be negotiated
• Strategic HR leadership across the organisation
• Management and continual development of all HR & WHS systems
• Provision of advice, tools and support for effective staff management
• HR Team Management (HR Coordinator plus close liaison with other related stakeholders)
• Solid understanding of Human Resources practices and their impact on the organisation
• Substantial experience in HR & WHS, including at a management level
• Degree/Qualifications in HR or related field
• Experience with and a passion for succession planning, employee development and training
• Performance Management and employment relations experience
• Outstanding stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to develop relationships across all levels
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to effectively and positively manage change while balancing stakeholder needs
• The ability to multi-task and deliver results while successfully managing competing priorities
• Initiative and a positive, flexible, collaborative approach are vital
About the organisation
Bible Society Australia is a growing organisation, grouping together Bible Society Mission, Koorong Books, Crossroad Distributors, Bible Society Publishing, Centre for Public Christianity and Eternity News.
For more than 200 years, Bible Society Australia has been dedicated to making the Bible available and accessible to all. As part of a fellowship of 152 Bible Societies, we’re a not-for-profit charity in partnership with all denominations.
We champion the Bible to share the love of Jesus.
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Human Resources Manager via Pro Bono Australia.