About the role
Celebrating 60 years of service to the community, the Alcohol and Drug Foundation (ADF) is Australia’s leading body committed to preventing and minimising harm from alcohol and other drug problems in communities around the nation. The ADF aim to create an Australian culture that supports people to live healthy, safe and satisfying lives, unaffected by drug and alcohol problems.
The organisation’s work reaches millions of people in local communities through sporting clubs, health and community care settings and schools, offering educational information, drug and alcohol prevention programs and advocating for strong and healthy communities.
Benefits & Culture
- Attractive salary packaging options available
- Flexible working arrangements and generous leave entitlements
- Opportunity to positively impact Australian culture
The State Manager, as the jurisdictional face of the ADF, provides leadership in building strategic relationships and sourcing opportunities that further support the AOD programs that prevent and reduce harm in Australian communities. In this role you will also contribute to the wider strategic leadership of the ADF through leadership groups and projects.
With responsibility for the NSW ADF team, you will successfully deliver the ADF strategic plan including leading your team to:
- Ensure high quality, effective and efficient delivery of programs
- Build productive relationships with stakeholders including government
- Identify opportunities and work with key stakeholders to realise these opportunities
You have a proven ability to strategically lead and manage large scale health promotion or community development programs, with demonstrated success in establishing business unit direction and building and leading high performing teams.
Ideally you have held a similar position with knowledge and experience in evidence based approaches to reducing the impact of alcohol and other drug related harm in communities.
You are politically astute with an ability to navigate the public health policy landscape and can source and secure funding opportunities. Additionally you have the following qualifications and attributes:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (e.g. AOD, public health, social science or public policy)
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder engagement and relationship management
- Interpersonal and public speaking communication and negotiation skills
- An ability to assesses and critically evaluate the validity of information and research
The ADF encourages cultural diversity and our programs are reflective of our community partners, stakeholders and community at large. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
If you’re an advocate for strong and healthy communities and can lead in a manner that ensures staff are supported to achieve results to the best of their ability, please click apply to submit your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required in MS Word format. Alternatively, please call Annie Barker on 02 8243 0570 to discuss.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: State Manager, NSW / ACT via Pro Bono Australia.