About the role
Myhorizon is offering an exciting opportunity for a qualified and passionate Occupational Therapist to join our fun and supportive allied health team based in Capalaba, QLD. Avoid the city traffic and work in our idyllic location on Brisbane’s Bayside, in this permanent and flexible full-time role with the option of part-time hours if desired.
This opportunity will suit an Occupational Therapist who has a passion for providing community and clinic based therapy to clients with disability, to optimise their independence, social inclusion and overall quality of life!
You will be responsible for:
- Occupational therapy assessments and treatments for all age groups with a variety of needs, under both private and NDIS funding
- Designing individualised, family-centered and holistic therapy intervention plans and programs to assist with achieving the client’s goals
- Carrying out assessments for Assistive Technology, Functional Assessments, Activities of Daily Living and other standardised assessments
- Liaising with external stakeholders including NDIS, pediatricians, educators, teachers and other health professionals involved in the clients’ care
- High quality written and verbal skills to communicate clients’ needs and requests through NDIS requirements
- Independently managing a clinical caseload with a high standard of clinical reasoning. (Our receptionist looks after the scheduling and rescheduling of all appointments, with therapists not required to manage their own calendars)
- Following the principles of the Occupational Therapy Australia Code of Ethics
- Collaborating with interdisciplinary team members to deliver group therapy programs and individualised training
To be successful in this role you will be a driven and energetic professional with strong verbal and written communication skills, and be able to demonstrate your skills and experience as an Occupational Therapist in a small multidisciplinary team. You will be a motivated, passionate professional, who thrives on supporting clients, and their families in our local community.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent qualification
- Current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Minimum 12 months paediatric experience desired but not essential for the right candidate
- Commitment to providing quality services and care to children and adults with a disability
- Willingness to learn
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence
- Current First Aid Certificate including CPR
- Eligibility for Disability Blue Card / DS Positive Exemption Notice Card
About the organisation
Myhorizon is a leading disability services provider based in South-East Queensland, and committed to creating an inspirational workplace that attracts and retains highly skilled people. When you are employed by Myhorizon you will become part of an accepting, caring, and trained team of staff who are passionate about fulfilling our organisational mission, uplifting individual lives by creating connected communities.
How to apply for this role
If you are positive, motivated, and genuinely care about our mission we would like to hear from you.
To apply for this position, submit your full application via our website: www.myhorizon.org.au/careers/current-vacancies
For further information please contact Christine Steele, HR Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Occupational Therapist via Pro Bono Australia.