About the role
About the opportunity
DVSM is seeking to recruit a senior leader who can lead and manage the Organisational Services function, and work within the Senior Leadership team to assist in governance and decision making to achieve DVSMs’ vision, purpose, and strategy. The role involves leadership and management of functions including Governance, Risk Management, Finance & Payroll, Quality Assurance & Compliance, Human Resources, Information Technology as well as organisation wide Business Support including management of independent and commercial suppliers/contracts.
The role reports to the CEO, working closely within the Senior Leadership team and also with the wider DVSM Management Team and Sightlines Team.
1. Tertiary qualification in business, accounting or similar
2. CA or CPA qualified
3. Strong interpersonal skills
4. A confident, proactive ‘can-do’ attitude
5. Demonstrated ability to be self-directing, plan and prioritise workload and show initiative
6. Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
7. Experience managing and mentoring employees
8. Ability to establish and maintain meaningful partnerships with relevant service providers and stakeholders
A successful Working with Children Check (WWCC) and Federal Police check is required to be employed with DVSM.
9. Tertiary Qualification in Social/Community Services or similar
10. Strong working knowledge of financial management within a not for profit
11. Proven ability to contribute to and execute organisational strategy
12. Harnesses information and opportunities to support strategic development
13. Strong understanding and knowledge of the governance and risk
14. Good understanding of policy framework that supports the domestic and family violence and homelessness sectors.
If you have a commitment to social justice and for the safety and wellbeing of people experiencing and escaping Domestic and Family Violence, and have a strong interest in this role please submit your CV, cover letter, and an application addressing the selection criteria.
About the organisation
Domestic Violence NSW Service Management (DVSM) is a registered charity (ABN: 26-165-400-635) which aims to prevent and to provide support for people escaping/experiencing Domestic and Family Violence and homelessness.
DVSM provides support services in an urban context (Inner Sydney), in a suburban context (Western Sydney) and in remote rural NSW (Wilcannia). DVSM also provides professional services (Sightlines) to build capacity and share learning about Domestic and Family Violence within the Community Services sector and more broadly with the wider ecosystem of corporations, organisations, institutions, online and local communities.
Our vision is a world where women, families and communities live free from violence, have equal rights, opportunities, and the freedom to reach their potential. Our purpose: Building individual and community safety and well-being.
Our Values: A key part of working in this role is to demonstrate our values in day-to-day work. These values are:
- Person Centered - We listen and embrace diversity to support our clients to achieve their self-defined goals.
- Excellence - We exceed expectations with our professionalism and evidence-based products, programs and services.
- Respect - We remain open minded and non-judgmental.
- Integrity - We are ethical, transparent and accountable.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Organisational Services Manager via Pro Bono Australia.