About the role
Full time Position
Fixed term appointment to September 2020
- Location will be across Coburg, Brunswick, Fawkner, Glenroy sites with 2 days per week based at the Epping Site
Your new role
As an Grade 2 Physiotherapist of the Independent Living Team (ILT) you will be responsible for:
- Providing individual assessment, diagnosis and treatment for clients with musculoskeletal, orthopaedic, neurological conditions
- Ensuring the provision of Physiotherapy services to clients in a clinic and home-based setting
- Participate in planning, designing and implementation of group exercise classes
- Coordinate Physiotherapy student placement planning, supervision and feedback
To be considered for this position, applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physiotherapy, or Masters of Physiotherapy with current AHPRA registration, current police check, current Victorian driver’s licence
- Demonstrated experience working with clients with musculoskeletal, orthopaedic and neurological conditions, particularly with older clients
- Proven ability to work autonomously
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team
About the organisation
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
What we offer
As an Physiotherapist in the program, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of clinical presentations with clients over 65 years of age through the rapid reablement service as well as CHSP entry level clients. The ILT is an Allied Health Team which has Occupational Therapist, Podiatrists, Speech Pathologists, Dietetics, Exercise Physiologists and Allied Health Assistants.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Physiotherapist - Grade 2 via Pro Bono Australia.