About the role
- This is a data research, analysis and reporting role so you will essentially love data, playing in it, and with it, five days per week.
- You will have exceptional research and analytical skills, matched with an ability to build positive working relationships.
- Ideally you will have experience in fundraising prospect research, particularly in trusts and foundations and PAFs research. However, if you possess all the other skills and experience, and you are a quick learner, this is not essential.
- You will maintain a high level of quality and integrity in your work, as well as managing sensitive information with absolute discretion. You are passionate about your work and have an ability to work effectively both reactively and proactively.
- Work as a key part of our Calendar Team to prepare high quality, customised grants calendars and prospect lists and assist Calendar Team members, where needed, with review of calendars and prospect lists. Reports to the Client Services Manager.
- Conduct research and contact funders where appropriate to obtain relevant grant information.
- Update and maintain grant and funder records within the database.
- Enter new grant and funder records and details as required.
- Collate relevant details on changes or updates to grant and funder information into weekly research working files.
- Consult with the Client Services Manager to proactively identify gaps in data and make recommendations to address these.
- Proactively identify systems and process improvements, in consultation with the Client Services Manager.
- Conduct and contribute to special research or data integrity projects as required for Strategic Grants’ business development and continued high level of client service.
The role requires the following qualifications, experience and knowledge
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
- High-level understanding and experience in efficient use of databases.
- Preferred knowledge of the NFP grants landscape; including knowledge of key funders and grant programs, and a proven track record in preparing accurate and effective prospect lists.
- Significant experience in research, data entry, maintenance and reporting.
- A demonstrated understanding of research principles and experience in undertaking research across various mediums including desktop research.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills, ensuring that professional, courteous and respectful communications take place with all SG team members and all SG stakeholders.
- Demonstrated high level of written communication skills, specifically in the areas of copy writing for data content and client and staff communications.
- Effective time-management and project-management skills and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in using the suite of Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat. Experience in using Sharepoint is preferable.
- An effective team player, both within the Strategic Grants and client environment.
- Very high level of flexibility and adaptability with proven capacity to switch between tasks and change direction when needed.
- High levels of personal initiative and self-motivation with a capacity to work autonomously and individually as a productive ‘self–starter’.
About the organisation
Strategic Grants is a mission driven company with the aim of building the capacity of nonprofit organisations through the provision of strategic planning, tools and resources related to grant readiness and effective grant-seeking.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Prospect Research and Grant Reports Coordinator – Full Time via Pro Bono Australia.