About the role
- Full time (2-year Contract) – 38 hours per week – three positions
- East Melbourne location
- Immediate Start
The Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne is seeking to appoint three (3) Safeguarding Project Officer to foster and drive the implementation of child safety efforts across the Archdiocese.
Reporting to the Senior Policy Advisor of the Professional Standards Unit (PSU), the Safeguarding Officer is required to provide training, policy support and guidance to parishes, agencies and entities across the Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne (CAM):
- to support the implementation of policies and procedures to promote the safety and protection of children, young people and people experiencing vulnerability
- to strengthen compliance with the Victorian Child Safe Standards, the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations and National Catholic Safeguarding Standards.
Across the Archdiocese, the safety and protection of children, young people and adults experiencing vulnerability is paramount. This role will contribute to strengthening the efforts of clergy, employees and volunteers to meet moral, ethical and statutory obligations and our duty of care in relation to safeguarding children, young people or adults experiencing vulnerability.
The role requires a person with a firm grasp of safeguarding policy implementation and a skilful and engaging training manner.
To be successful in this role we are looking for:
- a demonstrated commitment and relevant experience in relation to safeguarding children, young people and/or vulnerable adults
- an in-depth understanding of the Victorian legislative and national context in relation to the protection of children and young people from harm
- sound knowledge of policies, procedures and codes of conduct relevant to ensuring the safety of children, young people and vulnerable adults
- an excellent communicator who is engaging, supportive, trustworthy and highly organised
- a relevant tertiary degree in social work, social sciences, teaching or other relevant qualification
- a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in the delivery of training on sensitive topics to adults from a wide variety of backgrounds
If you are someone who loves to take ownership of your role, has an abundance of initiative, and thrives on the challenges involved in cultural transformation involving multiple stakeholders, then this may be the perfect role for you.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Safeguarding Project Officer - Professional Standards Unit via Pro Bono Australia.